Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The only other change they really need to make is fixing NHAM. They've even alluded to it not being fixed on purpose rather than because they don't know how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I haven't tried it myself but reviews suggest controller support for the pc is good and the reworked controls work well. Two skills lose some basic functionality with controller though: teleport and multishot. So you have to consider if you're going to be running either of those

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I'm very curious to see how Uber Diablo will work on BNet. They're sticking to 75-125 SoJs sold, but no word on whether that is globally, per region or on a smaller number of servers like in legacy. 100 SoJs is a lot more in a post-dupe world on a more secure, closed BNet, but maybe it'll even out if they do it per region. That would make it a legitimate community event, where people would coordinate off-game to all be online and sell SoJs at a specific time.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

coelomate posted:

IIRC the event works currently per game server, and game servers include ladder and non-ladder, so there was always a huge source of old, duped, gambled SoJs.

Will be interesting how willing people are willing to part with them in the fresh economy, especially since they will be quite valuable.

Each realm was split into hundreds of game servers, though, which is my point. There were lots more duped SoJs back in the day, but conversely, only 1/100th of US West or EU or whatever was contributing to the count in your game at any given time. If they scale up SoJ donations to cover a full geographical region, suddenly 100% of EU players can band together through off-game channels to pick a time and place to walk Diablo. I was wondering if a) that is indeed the solution and b) how the numbers would scale, in that case.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Counterpoint: aiming hammers sucks rear end

I would suggest Trapsin

Don't play trapsin. There's still the bug where some traps, including death sentry, count as unique mobs and as a result, fewer uniques spawn. If you have no class allegiance but want to be able to farm gear easily, it's always Sorc.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Can’t decide which class I wanna start with. What’s a good “starter” build that won’t require super rare drops to perform? I’m leaning toward Necromancer.

There's generally a big three for starters:

1. Blizz Sorc. Best item farmer in the game until everyone has very good gear. Can farm with basically no gear at all, is very fast.
2. Summon + CE Necro. Least gear reliant build. Can clear everything with garbage gear. Isn't the fastest in the world but is safe and easy.
3. Hammerdin. Probably the strongest build in the game overall, very few immunities. Is reasonably strong with bad gear, but cannot match the Sorc for speed until you get Enigma, which you hopefully won't for a long while (because that would mean the anticheats have failed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

Oh we know about some bug fixes? Do we know if Inferno is fixed?

I don't think there's any information available on that. The only two meaningful bugfixes are ebugging and Assassin traps not counting as boss mobs.