Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
You might as well just download .itm file packs and import them into your saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
nearly any 100% crushing blow werewolf build will wreck poo poo up. upgraded ribcrackers are insanely good.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Points into energy you say?

Yet another reason Eastern Sun is so friggin great. Those points will increase % elemental damage :getin:

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
hell yeah ES owns

Not to denigrate the dev team and their efforts but Median's selling points seem to be flashy visuals and "ohh it can get SO DIFFICULT" Its just too divergent from the vanilla experience...the easiest way to get into it is to never have played D2 at all IMO.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Andy has a -50% fire resistance across all difficulties. FB sorc should fix her poo poo real fast.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Frenzy with the right "%chance to cast spell" runeword weapons in each hand works well. You can poo poo out bone spirits, glacial spikes, fireballs, enchants, frozen orbs, molten boulders, etc. on top of decent physical damage.

Those spells look cool but do virtually no damage since you don't have elemental masteries or lower resist or convict aura. But yes, Frenzy is the practically the only Barb Uber build with last wish and beast.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Yes, thankfully rfrost takes care of that for you (which should be used for AR anyways)

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Yeah but just the menu for me, thx.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
just play the perfect drop mod for a casual playthrough

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Eastern Sun was the best D2 mod. Fight me.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Kazvall posted:

I think at this point, if you're looking for some crazy updated (non-classic) experience, then Median XL is simply the best. It is definitely too bad ES is no longer updated. But, if anything I am super spoiled by the 1024x768 resolution of Median(along with some nicer glide settings) that I cannot go back to 800x600.

If you use D2SE launcher you can play ES or other mods at 800x600 doubled to 1600x1200. Its a straight pixel doubling so it doesn't look that pretty but it much friendlier on modern displays.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

crondaily posted:

All I wanted was a better resolution, but its weird to think they'll keep stuff the same when some skills are legit useless in D2.

I just want rune gambling. It will solve the problem of useless gold and hopefully drive some business away from dupers and third party sites.

Garfu posted:

Maybe there will be some awesome mods in 3-5 years that will get me playing again.

D2:R:ES anyone??

OH MY GOD. I will pay 10x the cost of D2:R for just that

Seamonster fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 20, 2021

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Probably tie it to clvl = mlvl for purposes of drop calculation.

I could live with getting El/Eld/Tir/Nef/Eth/Ith runes 95/100 shots at say, 50k gold a shot and still be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Not that hopping between here and the D3 thread is soul crushingly difficult, but maybe its time for D2:R to get its own thread?