Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Probably a dumb question but does D2 work on the latest version of MacOS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

It does not.

Also;

Diablo II Eastern Sun server up and running

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960054

Ah oh well!

Hopefully the remaster gets Mac support.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Khorne posted:

D2 runs amazing in a VM if you use VM software that doesn't mess up sound drivers. You can create a windows xp vm with a 1 core limit, 512mb of RAM (or probably less), and with no gpu pass through and the game will run identical to a modern gaming pc.

Yeah problem is I have an M1 so that complicates things a bit. Good tip though!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

diablo 3 has been out on console forever and by all accounts may actually be the superior form of diablo 3

It 100% is.

It’s actually fun to play with a controller.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Laslow posted:

God, ActiBlizz sucks so hard.

Besides the obvious (that they suck in general )what sucks about those 3 screen shots?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do we have any idea of the full install size for this? I want to run it on my portable PC which doesn’t have a whole lot of room available.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Swilo posted:

The open beta was ~25 GB and the blizz store page lists the minimum requirement as 30 GB.

Awesome thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How well does this actually play with a controller? I have to assume it’s as good as D3 on the consoles right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fuckin awesome!

I was super disappointed that D3 never got controller support on the PC because the console versions are such a great way to play.