Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Just getting D2ES singleplayer to run would be an amazing accomplishment. I barely remember the way I used to install it so I wouldn't have to use the CD. I think I had a guide in one of the threads somewhere. It's definitely on the forum from goontopia that's in that zip file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

That's how it is in UO. One guy runs most of the Item/Gold selling sites and he has a proprietary dupe/exploit so basically free money.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Discord https://discord.gg/aMus7Rx

Unless somehow everyone goes on IRC This is where we're congregating now

Garfu fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 13, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

:getin:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Or you could always try out this while you wait...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797978

Realized we never actually pasted the thread link in here

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

I'll give Sven's Wrapper a try.

I tried connecting to BNET, but had no luck. I was able to download the patch after I ran the game in admin mode, but it didn't recognize my login credentials. Is it different for Diablo 2 than it is for something newer like Overwatch?

If anything, I'd like the Eastern Sun server that gets advertised, if only to get a larger inventory (though it looks like it takes some work to get it set up.)

The D2ES install is very easy to get setup. There are instructions on the forum for the server. It's basically downgrading your D2 install, or downloading the standalone install that is linked, downloading the goontopia.zip file and extracting that over your D2 install, downloading a fresh patch, and playing the game.

Also there's like 100+ people in discord that can help.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I got it to run by just downloading the launcher and installing it to a fresh D2 install directory.

I played it for about 5 minutes though until I realized the item customization was 1/100th of ES and ES4lyfe

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

It works just fine with 1.13 as well. I'll host the goontopia installer somewhere at some point.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Nosthula posted:

All this talk of Diablo II is making me want another round of D2ES Goontopia server. Its been almost 3 years I think. Help us Garfu, you're our only hope!

My sleeping infant dabs on you

I blame her.

However... the discord is still around and it's certainly possible.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

If the kid is sleeping, that's plenty of time for you to set the server back up, I don't see the issue

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Maybe there will be some awesome mods in 3-5 years that will get me playing again.

D2:R:ES anyone??