Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I played for a few hours today up til Radament but its hard to stay at it by yourself. I've never seen or done the Ubers and would like to get to that point. I've never really been elite at this game. When I played way back when when it was still relatively new, I only reached maybe level 90, if that. Last time I guess a couple or few years ago I made it to 94 with the help of all those bots nowadays.

I was about 80 hours into the Witcher 3 but then the worst thing that can happen to someone halfway through a game happened, I went home for the holidays for a few weeks. Haven't been able to get back into it since. But its too good not to beat it, so I have to at some point. For some hosed up reason I'm playing through the campaign in AoE2HD cause I've never done that before and still wasting time with BF4 while also trying to get through Demon's Souls so I can move on to Dark before DS3 comes out. Alas, I'm an unemployed bum so I'm still gonna try and put a bit of time into this again, see how it goes. I'm codo on US East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

>try to type "its"
>typo "ist"
>think about runes and reinstall d2

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Any way to get widescreen on 1.14d playing on bnet?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So my friends are playing PD2 and got me into it. I'm the one who brought Diablo to their attention all those years ago. Its been a laugh. Drop rates are particularly fun.

Until the other day. I found a couple unique bows and while I was maining a barb, I thought it would be cool to go back to my first love, a bowazon. So I made one as a mule with the intention of leveling her later. I only ever reached 87 or 88 with that character years ago somehow despite playing 24/7 during the summer, never finding anything better than a drat buriza and then popping in a cows game, losing everything else I had but someone felt bad and buriza is poo poo so they gave that back to me. I remember walking up out of the basement (ofc) and saying to my brother and dad (who especially opposed me playing the game so much) that I was done with it.

Later into the play session, 3 of us are going through hell. One of my buddies has a necro (he used them way back when when they were garbonzo), and my other friend closer to my level was a paladin. I've been anally picking up money like a noob to try and max out my stash funds, and I ran back to town real quick to sell off as we were doing the flayer dungeon. All of a sudden over discord I hear my friend "hydra bow?" and I just about poo poo. Flayer dungeon. We've got probably inside 200mf between us. Windforce. He doesn't even have an amazon, and he is the ultimate capitalist so you just know he immediately began planning how he was going to trade it. He didn't even know what it was until he ID'd it. I could have cried. All because I was back in town like a dummy accruing meaningless gold when I might have had a chance to swipe it.

Anyways its just the 4 of us or something in our own discord so add me on there so I have more people to run with
codo180

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So why ain't y'all playing Project D2 yet? I kinda hit a wall, 84 with my barb and 80 or 81 with my zon, both are fairly useless and I need better gear

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The drat near top down aspect of Poe always turned me off but I actually started playing lately. I guess I'll stop now

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Never played D2 before what a time to be alive.

Take away the context of Diablo and now conjure an image of an amazon woman in your mind. You ain't getting no Hayden Panettiere. These are warriors that are sludging through the very most unpleasant depths of hell in unending brutal combat in search of imaginary digital trinkets, not supermodels.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Guys, going forward, D3 didn't exist. It didn't happen.

I mean, gently caress the story, how sad is it the acts followed the exact same pattern as D2. Grass/regular town->desert->I dont even remember what a3 was in d3->oOoOoO~~its heaven instead of hell this time->snow. gently caress that poo poo.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I just wish they'd diversify spacing. A ring and a potion or scroll shouldn't take the same space. You oughta have a trinket bag for stuff like that then a big ol santa sack for the loot

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Star Man posted:

I'm from a place where showing sincere interest in video games past the age of six months old was worthy of scorn, shame, and abuse.

Can you imagine someone telling you as a child that there would be big titted women dressing up as characters from literally every game you ever heard of in the future? I mean how many Lady Dimitrescru cosplays have you seen and all we got is like 3 seconds of trailer footage of that bitch yet. Unreal.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

not even a duel arena. drat bro. smdh

I cant stress this enough, pvp is completely void of meaning and worth in a genre where skill is out the window and its all about who has had more time (or money) to sink into their imaginary digital avatar

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Laslow posted:

D3? Now that’s just sad.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I already feel a little bit self-defeating thinking back when I used to play in 2002 or whatever as a loser teen who could just play all day and night and I never got poo poo then. What kinda fuckin gimp am I gonna be now when I can only get a couple hours in here and there?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Name a game that has infinite inventory thats been worse off for it

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I really, really hope they can nail the item naming in 4. Still the coolest thing to me about 2 are the names of the items, how they create this lore without anything else but just the titles themselves. Yet another source of letdown in 3.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Still cant believe you can only walk in the first game

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I played D2 first, so when I got the battle chest (cause I first played the game pirated) and installed D1 to try, I walked into a house, jabbed a barrel with my staff which killed me, then promptly uninstalled the game forever

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I like in the trailer it looks like it will still stutter when you break open the wall to Duriels chamber

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gone Fashing posted:

its kind of mind blowing how many good qol changes they could have made and didnt

You forgetting the company we're talking about?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I know its only tech alpha but is there not a thread for the remake? Which one of you fucks got an invite?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Think they've already proven they have nothing to add to the story, we'll see if iv changes that

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

quote:

If you're playing a pc game, then your main character will be some utterly generic, homogenized boring guy voiced by the same jackass who reads out movie previews:

"In a world gone mad... where the hunted has become the hunted... one man stands alone... a rogue adventurer, setting out to participate in particularly rogue things... he must avenge his father's death while saving the world from the dreaded evil wizard Latrino of the Blue Disk Clan... can he save the world... before he destroys himself?"

It's also noteworthy that when a pc RPG employs voice acting, even the biggest and most capable stars lose all talent the moment they step into the recording room. When you hear your character being voiced by Mark Hamill halfheartedly mutter "I can't take any chances, I must track Dorfgannon down before more innocent lives are lost," the sense that he's really thinking "I was Luke loving Skywalker, I used to bang Harrison Ford and now I'm doing this poo poo" is frighteningly palpable. If the game is a port from a Japanese title, there's a chance that the English dub may be fatal.

https://www.somethingawful.com/guides/guide-how-survive/1/

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

What do you figure is a good estimate in hours of the amount of time required to grind out great runewords? Not trading, doing optimal farming for them.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I didn't know poo poo about the game as a kid, and now I'm old with a job and a finacee and dogs and obviously cant burn a whole summer just sat up playing the game. But if I sink a couple hundred hours into a character I dont want to still be a gimp. I know I cant be top of the ladder but to outfit a character to PvE endgame without dying every 2 seconds shouldn't be reserved only for those with nothing else going on in their lives/streamers (redundant?)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

playing the d2r alpha because it's been cracked

C'mon do me a solid here.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

What an absolute disgrace Bradygames was. I remember buying a guide for FFIX that was thin as gently caress because it was barebones and wanted you to go to their website and enter some corresponding code in the book to get the actual info.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I think thats a thing yes.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hooplah posted:

don't forget colenzo!

See I always took that as carletto. Not confused with the annihilator are you?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Kazvall posted:

I cant do some hd patch because the fun I have is from playing hardcore on ladder. There is no greater thrill in life than d2 hardcore.

I hate the idea of systematically collecting items to hoard like a dragon. For hardcore I enjoy every moment of playing, and when I die it is like a wondrous release from material possessions. All about the journey, yo. And being top of the leaderboard, for however long.

I cant imagine playing hc in an arpg especially one that can be as ruthlessly cheap as diablo, but I think I might make a character this time around just to try. I think I'm too careless to be cut out for it though, but we'll see how it goes. I wonder how long the novelty of the new version will keep the monotony of the late game grind at bay.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Regardless, any death you will experience due to game mechanics will forever be emblazoned upon your memory. That's the satisfaction for me.

See this makes sense for Dark Souls. As described above, if I'm on my way to Meph as a barb and absolutely have to kill a bunch of stygian dolls to get through a doorway, and I die, so does my computer and house. I suppose thats the reason they put leap in the game (which also carries huge defense penalties iirc)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

If you can burn, say, a regular full time job kinda hours at this game, you oughta be able to gear out a character after a few months at least ffs. It shouldn't be some powerball situation. You can make loot a bit more attainable while still maintaining the !!!! factor in finding something elite.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You know I didn't realize the whole story and lore that would eventually be tapped for D3 was right in the D1 manual
https://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_I_Manual

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ugh I'm so pathetic. Open beta for Resurrected is on the 20th, but its on the 13th-17th for people who pre ordered. So I pre ordered...

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

C'mon it's not going to look that good

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm sure one of the existing cords like MPEG will have a place for us. Its only A1 and 2 though so binging all weekend might be a stretch (still plan on doing it though)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm gonna buy the god drat fuckin thing anyway and on day one so its not like I'll be able to get some cheap rear end key. I'm gonna get my moneys worth. Might as well buy it now

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Deofuta posted:

Game is fun as expected, but dealing with latency and hiccups from server issues while playing by myself is a pain.

Its not just while playing alone. Arcane Sanctuary is still trickier than a costco parking lot with all the rubber banding. Bit gross that it mostly feels like a layer of (very well done) gloss so far without any true core upgrades besides a few minor things.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

If I'm not gonna cancel my preorder I really oughta like read some poo poo or something rather than just stumbling through as I always did trying to have fun until I inevitably cant anymore because my character is ruined

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Mooseontheloose posted:

Whirlwind Barb is pretty straightforward too. Pick a weapon specialty, put points in it. Level to WW, put points into it. Left click, have fun!

Then tank and die while your friends laugh at you while safely attacking from a distance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can someone explain the whole sojs sold to merchants system?