Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I knew about the uber part, weren't there other ubers in some epic tristram gauntlet or something? The actual selling of the sojs was what I was wondering about though, like you just sold them to the NPC merchants? Seems like such a ridiculous thing to do but the reasoning makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You imagine doing all that and wind up with the completely wrong class bonus. Needlessly cruel

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I want to cancel my preorder cause everything you're saying is right and it is another lazy AoE2HD situation (ok not that bad) but I know it'll only ever go on sale for like 40 cents off

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

They did a "HD" version in 2013 which was extremely, extremely low effort. Then they turn around and do a proper HD upscale last year or whenever that was and there was a window in which people that were duped into buying the previous one could get a discount on the new one, but it wasn't nearly generous enough for me to give in

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My old friend still jokes about it how we'd join games with people looking for someone to park to transfer their stuff and we'd just take it and go. It was always poo poo tier stuff but still.

Never forget joining a cow game late and checking anyway, and finding an unid unique ring among the loot. Bul-kathos wedding band. Then, in another game with my original bowazon who I'd only managed to level to 89 somehow as a fuckin kid with nothing to do who could play all the time, I died and then popped and lost everything save my loving buriza which someone gave back to me. I remember going upstairs (because of course I was in my parents basement) and telling my parents I was done with the game. Naturally they complained about how much I played it.

The game almost evokes the smell of that basement for me sometimes, where we had insect troubles so my friends and me would refer to it as the maggot lair.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I was playing with two older guys my brother knew and I snatched up an eth shako off of meph when they killed him. Someone stole it from me later in a trade with some kinda hack

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The worst part is they probably negated the ability to do a lot more in terms of QOL and stuff by keeping that stupid graphics switch everybody will use exactly once then never again except by accident.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can eth items be used in runewords? Wait, can you find base items that are both eth and socketed? Was there a way to distinguish them on the ground in the beta?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Khorne posted:

Not familiar with beta. In the unmodified base game you'd have to pick them up to know iirc. But yes, you can have eth and sockets.

I meant is it something they fixed in the new game, I know it was dumb in the original. Cause of course everyone knows the only colors known to man are white, gray, blue, green, yellow and orange

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ok I'm not searching twinked at work, I thought I knew what it meant with only dark souls context but I guess not. What is it?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

See in Souls you have Twinkling Titanite, so I thought it meant having items infused with that early on, so I wasn't totally off. I didn't realize it was a term that applied to other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

It looks like it pulled 12 gigs or so from the beta install, leaving 18 to download. I clicked start 9 minutes ago and have shaved off 11gb of that for 7 and change remaining. I wish I could show this to 28.8 dialup me back when I was playing this poo poo originally