Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
As a zealer you probably have extra skill points, so I would look at investing in the resist lightning aura for the passive increase to the max lightning resist cap. Getting to 90% should make LE bosses trivial.

Also, making Ancient's Pledge (Ral + Ort + Tal) in a pally shield with natural +resist all should max you out easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is there a reason why the Reaper's Kiss item can't be salvaged? It's just a regular white item as far as I can see.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Star Man posted:

You might be playing the wrong game.

Nope. I have two of the drat things and it wont let me scrap either of them.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Star Man posted:

I found this screencap from 2007. I still can't believe that I crafted something that good.

Not +3 to skill set.

Trash.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

feelix posted:

I've never beaten the game on HC even on normal, let alone Hell. What's the easiest and safest class without gear? Skelemancer?

Probably pure trap assassin.

Wake of fire basically trivializes everything in normal difficulty once you get it, then you can do the same throughout nightmare by switching to lightning sentry. Gearing is pretty simple since you can get dual +2 and then later +3 to traps claws from the vendors. Also the fade aura keeps your resistances pretty much maxed with even crappy gear and the shadow makes a good tank as well.

Once you hit hell lightning immunity mobs will probably kick your rear end, but that's pretty common for all single elemental builds.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Devonaut posted:

Path of Diablo ladder resets Friday as well if you're looking for something closer to vanilla with some balance and QoL improvements and a fairly active online community https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofdiablo/

I'm bummed that this patch didn't really add any new build options, but I guess they were more concerned with getting the new servers stable.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Path of Diablo is having a server reset on August 2nd.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

George posted:

Yeah, in fact of all the D2 mods I've tried it's the most faithful to the original game.

Almost too faithful. I wish they would get a bit more adventurous with boosting low and mid tier skills in order to open up more viable late game builds.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Path of Diablo patch notes have been posted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofdiablo/comments/ck604m/patch_17_tourmaline/

Looks like some fun stuff. With the changes to some of the bows and the additional arrows from the new quivers, perhaps the dream of a good bowadin will finally come true.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It appears the community is basically remastering D2 in real time and is probably going to have a better and more complete product than whatever blizzard ends up releasing.

Are you referring to this video? If so I think that is just an upscaled video of recorded gameplay and not something the game engine is capable of doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxSRAhp6TYg&t=750s

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Diablo 2 modding makes no sense to me.

Want to completely replace all of a classes's skills along with new icons and the skill tree UI? Go right ahead.

Want to remove the defense penalty while running? Ha, Ha, Go gently caress yourself!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
PoD is resetting in a couple weeks so now would be a good time.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The Path of Diablo servers reset today in case anyone is interested.

https://pathofdiablo.com/

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Didn't Hellfire enable 'running' in town? if it did it would be worth it for that alone.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Does anyone know anything about Project D2? It looks like it is starting up its own servers on November 1st.

I'm curious about it since its webpage doesn't list all its changes, but everything it does show seems lifted directly from PoD.

And adding to that, anything mentioning Project D2 on the PoD forums seems to get deleted immediately so I'm assuming there's some drama involved.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 11, 2020

Vakal
May 11, 2008

PoppingFresh posted:

SenpaiSomething on Twitch has a bunch of VODs that go over changes and general reasoning behind those changes. I don't think there's an updated wiki yet listing all the changes (some older ones are floating around) but it seems really interesting so far. Many of the changes are geared to making lots of classes/specs end-game viable and making gear more varied across all levels and the end-game.

I went through his latest vids and it looks quite promising.

The only thing I'm not sure about is runes being purchasable from vendors.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Ok, that 's good to know.

I wouldn't be against lower runes being sold at vendors since it would save hoarding the things, but I guess then there would have to be some way to disable the cube recipe to upgrade runes.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Project D2's servers were a lot better today. Played a new character to lvl 30 and I think I only got booted once.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So far the most bizarre change in PD2 is moving Fara in act 2.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Do people like the default upscaling or whatever PD2 has on by default?

I don't care for it as it makes everything look "oily". The first thing I did was go back to regular D2 pixely graphics.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Whenever I look at D2:R I can't help but think of the option to use those ugly 3D enemy models that were added to re-releases of Duke Nukem 3D.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just a heads up that the Path of Diablo mod is having its server reset today.

One of the main new additions is a rune/gem storage page in the stash:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

Anybody have any advice on how to progress in PoD as a bowazon? Here's my dude. https://pathofdiablo.com/p/armory/?name=Larrymer

I have about 11 ooc for trade stuff and maybe a gul but not sure where to go. I have a tal's and andy's helm in my stash and only 1 passive and 1 bow skills GC. Right now damage seems lacking and I can't do much more than hell cows farming wise. Even then it's a bit slow.

Hit up the PoD trade site and grab a Windforce, they are very cheap for failed corruptions.

You wont be attacking that fast, but you'll be hitting much harder.

Then after that, work towards getting a Lo rune to make some Fortitude runeword chest armor for the damage bonus.

Bowazons get notoriously poor scaling on their skills so you are usually better off stacking +damage/attack rating charms than +skill grand charms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Most of the popular D2 mods remove nodrop from the monsters drop list and pump the loot rate up to /players5 or /players8 independent from difficulty.

It still doesn't make high runes drop anywhere close to common, but at least in a season of even casual play you will probably see a few runes in the Ohm - Cham range drop.