Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I talked my friend into playing this and the first Diablo after we complete our run through of Diablo 3, the problem is they don't own the first two games so I'm wondering if anyone knows where you can buy a copy of Diablo and Diablo 2 (plus expansion) for relatively cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I've been thinking about playing through the game again and I have my copies registered to my Blizzard account. However, are the .exe's you get directly from Blizzard supposed to be these funky 2.6mb things? Windows 10 does not like them at all and won't open them unless it's in Admin mode. It set off a whole lot of red flags.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Great. Thanks for the suggestions. Can you do multiplayer with plugy? A few friends might be playing as well.

Edit: The version you get from Blizzard is 1.14b and Plugy doesn't support that version. That's a real bummer.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 18, 2019

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looks great, in my opinion. The only thing that I didn't care for were the animations. They're the same as the original's but mapped on a 3D model and they don't look as good. There's no weight or power behind them. But that's my only gripe.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I like the Barb look because he has Butterbean's physique, which is what you'd have if you were physically strong. The Mr. Universe bodybuilder look may look more impressive but if you look at lifting competitions, the competitors all look like brick shithouses and not like Arnold.

I think they all look fine. All those fan changes have major "clean faces in Skyrim" and "light skinned Redguards" mod vibes and I hate them.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 21, 2021

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm here for and stan mom Amazon. Big Robin Wright from Wonder Woman vibes and I love it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

D3 gets some major kudos for the Act 3 Azmodan cinematic. I thought that whole one was supremely clever and good. But considering how he acts in the following... act, it felt like the cinematic team didn't know what the actual dev team was doing and were working on different drafts of the script.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PkwugiJwQ

Cinematic in question.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The 29th is going to mark the 21st anniversary of this game's release. Holy poo poo where did all that time go?

I wonder if Blizzard will try to release the Remake on the same day.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mordja posted:

Big new Median version out in a month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSso6IdmbrQ

You know, I never played with Median XL. Maybe I should.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Oh wow, they dropped the TCP/IP feature from the Remake, so, uh, maybe if I get it I should just get the console version. Multiplayer mods will be dead in the water.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

bawfuls posted:

There’s a respec option that involves grinding mats? I thought you only get 3 per character, one per difficulty from Ashara and that’s it

Might as well want a completely new game!!! It'd completely RUIN Diablo 2! Dumbing the game down for these casual kiddies is the lowest form of pandering and Blizzard shouldn't give in to the howling masses.

Honestly, I was a ton less enthusiastic about the game after playing the beta. Learning about the removal of TCP/IP didn't help either. I'll play it again during the open beta but after that I think I'll wait for it to (never) go on sale and maybe get it cheap. This is the worst kind of remake where it remakes everything without changing the stuff that wasn't good to begin with. It's such a disappointment since they snatched up the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remake studio to work on this and that game was a perfect remake.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Hooplah posted:

i thought it was pretty obvious mods will be a no go given they have basically said you can use mods that read out data, but injecting is a hard no (something every big mod project relies on):

"do our best to continue to support" lol

Yeah, this junk is why I went from "Oh hell yes, day-one buy" to "ehhh, maybe?" If I am it'll probably be the PS5 version instead of the PC. Well, that and playing the beta made me realize that it's just a direct visual upgrade without any kind of good QoL improvements the genre had in the last 20 years. The poo poo going on within the company certainly didn't help either. On top of that it sounds like there won't be a ladder day-one either.

Playing Median XL was a real eye opener and not getting that kind of modding (and being multiplayer at that) is a massive bummer.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

"Hey, we're aware of the glitch that causes the game to delete your System folder and brick your CPU but we decided that it was part of the original experience that we were concerned of impacting."

D... does this guy know Diablo 2 already exists and remakes are a good opportunity to fix things in the original that never were and improve a little bit on them? It's not like they're radically changing the music or removing the gore or having all loot drops be lootbox keys or somesuch poo poo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How come they're considered one of the worst? The damage fall behind on higher difficulties or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

bawfuls posted:

Yeah even during just a couple day of playing the beta I was accustomed to the new graphics, then I’d hit that toggle and realize how much worse they used to be.

They were fine for the time but they don't scale well with higher resolutions.