Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

New ladder tomorrow. I will be playing useast hardcore. Join me! :ughh:

Edit: Realm is down for the update. Also changing d2s resolution breaks the game.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This thread is as good as it gets. I know hardcore isn't for everyone. I just refuse to play anything else. I've made four characters and when they die I am done. Come experience the game the way it should be played!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Paladin is a great option. You'll have huge defense and some nice team auras. Most people go hammerdin late game, but I prefer a zeal/sacrifice build. Also, I'd like to point out that you will probably die at some point. The worst thing you could ever do is taking an unknown portal. It's important that you mule items over to other characters because ultimately items are what really makes your characters, leveling is easy enough. I can provide a mumble if people are interested in grouping up and sharing/caring.

e: all characters are good, you just need to spec appropriately for HC.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Moxie posted:

I wanted to try a Zeal/Holy Freeze build, is that still viable?

I've never tried that before, but gently caress it, try it out. Just look at the synergies for the skill and plan accordingly. You can respec each time you do the den of evil, anyways.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dead Man Posting posted:

Someone was asking about DarkD3 in community chat. The website is down and I don't have time to find the new one. Here's a thread with links to screenshots and corresponding downloads for it though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3967848172

Is this for d2 or something?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

The link to the Eastern Sun thread is an archived thread. We chatting up ES in here now or is there going to be another thread made?

I don't think anyone plays or hosts ES anymore. I will be playing some hardcore d2 tonight if anyone wants in.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress the haters. Let's play some Diablo 1 with the Hellfire expansion and a fanmade 1.02a4 patch. It easily adds the hidden barbarian and bard class, expanding on the monk which is already there. Includes the hidden quests, one being a funny cow quest. Holy poo poo there is jogging in town. What the gently caress?! You don't even have to do the Hellfire dungeon/quests if you don't want to but you still get the perks like oils. Precious oils!

Has a host of bug fixes but is not meant to really impact the base experience too much because that's how I like it. :colbert:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/printthread.php?tid=15760 - for the patch for 1.0 hellfire

http://www.segabandonware.com/diablo_hellfire.html - hellfire abandoneware only requiring itself to run

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-15743.html - graphics fix for bard/barb and anyone who uses arrows and other poo poo

mutliplayer works over hamachi

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Reene posted:

I have been trying to get Diablo 1 to work without hosed up colors in Windows 7 all night to no avail. It runs fine, just the graphics are distorted.

I've tried every fix and hack I've found short of installing Windows XP on a virtual box and running it there, including messing with every compatibility setting, messing with my background and resolution, and closing explorer.exe out which is about the dumbest goddamn thing ever. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Uh somewhere in the fan patch I linked is a color correction registry fixer. Worked perfectly as I had rainbow colors.

Beezle looked fun and I might try it after doing my vanilla+ run through.

Reene add me to steam if you like, as Kazvall.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 21, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Found the color fix!

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=209

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Looks like I might have to d2 HC once again. Which class to play this time...

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Add me on steam as Kazvall if you want to d2 hardcore. A lot of the dupes and exploits have been fixed and I haven't run into a single bot somehow.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Potential BFF posted:

Are there any good resources around for running an Eastern Sun server? I know we had a goon run one that was pretty successful. My buddy was thinking of running one but said seemed like a huge pain.

I've never actually played Eastern Sun. I would definitely be interested in trying if you guys get something up.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Started some D2 hardcore up over the weekend, last time I played was before D3 was released. Got to lvl 56 on my light sorc and ripped to Stygian doll corpse explosions in the durance of hate. I had been kiting away from their death animation with teleport but a group of them exploding caught me and my corpse was on the ground a screen away from theirs after the TP. New char tonight, might try single player so I can turn on players 8 and make it go a bit faster. Just got insight and spirit cooking too...

You're fighting the good fight. Was there a new ladder recently?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I prefer NOT to use Energy Shield on my hardcore sorcs. It works fantastically 90% of the time. However, the second you get to mana burn monsters, you are hosed. Like, SUPER hosed. You have no Vit to fall back on. :(

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

My contingency for this is a near balance of Hp and mana, rather than a blue piece of hard candy with a dot of red jelly inside.

Sadly no matter what you do some form of Stygian Doll is going to own your rear end in the durance or the last level of worldstone.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You're making me want to download and play this again.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I always say "this time I'm not going to get pled by bots". It never happens. Then I'm like level 85 in one day with no gear to actually fight anything with.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, I mean you're preaching to the choir here. I tried real hard to get into d3 but keep coming back to d2. I only play HC, though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sign me up to play for the new ladder. If we get enough goons, and hop on enough bot games, we could be level 80ish in like... 4-5 hours.

It's basically a rush to 20-25 so you can do normal ancients and actually get exp from normal baal runs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

RIP NicestHat

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I'm alive bro!

Ah I misread. Yo, add me to steam as Kazvall and maybe we can plan some poo poo for the upcoming ladder reset.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

drat its the 26th? I'm guessing servers won't be reset until later?

Also I believe we are playing hardcore. And since its a new ladder, almost no one will have top items for a long time if ever.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Once you play hc you can't actually go back to vanilla.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Link your cdkey to battle.net so you can download the game and not use CDs.

Will be in CTS mumble, classic games channel, later.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Post here or come on mumble if anyone plans to play tonight. I'll wait a bit to try and get to start at the same time.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Obscurity posted:

Welp dead already at level 16. This is going to frustrate me enough to just roll softcore I can feel it.

Somebody didn't follow the rules :colbert:

Heh, don't give up! I'll be on later to level some more.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Obscurity posted:

Am back up to level 13 on a Barb lol

Yes. YES.

AugmentedVision posted:

I made an HC necro and died to corpsefire

No. NO.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This gum infection is kicking my rear end so I'm gonna take a nap and hopefully be on later. I got to 18 and am in the canyon.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm on now for a few hours.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry about earlier. Weather hosed my internet.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Obscurity posted:

It's cool. I did some Baal runs and got to 39 last night. Time to start NM!

I'm like level 33 after some Baal runs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Besides Obscurity and I, who is playing or wants to play? I can rush people now. Its best to get 24 first and then get 25 on ancients so you can go right to Baal runs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Doing pretty well in HC. Haven't died yet. If anyone needs rushing or lovely gear, hit me up!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I can help people on US EAST Hardcore. Just, uh, add me to friends on steam. Same name.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can use the d2jsp forums for trading. It's so late in the season that poo poo is dirt cheap. That's unless you want to experience the grind by yourself.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Unforgiven posted:

I was looking at itemnow.com there is an ebugged exile for like $2.00, and as much as I play I think it would be worth it. Problem is, I'm incredibly sceptical of sites like these.

I've never actually been ripped off by any of those sites. I played a couple seasons ago, and got some items, but sadly can't remember who I used. You'll buy the items, the mule will be loaded up with the items, then you'll have the option for that bot to make a game, and then drop all the items when you're in the game.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Unforgiven posted:

Itemnow.com delivered without any issues. Their claim for 24/7 delivery is a bit exaggerated, but still only took slightly over 24 hours.

Has anyone heard, or know where I can find when the next ladder reset is coming? I've heard rumors sometime in May, but I haven't been able to find anything.

It's every 6 months. So, sometime around May/June.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

FalloutGod posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if that company has a closely guarded dupe hack. I like to tinfoil hat it up and think its a blizzard employee behind it all. Its also pretty insane at the bot networks people have set up. On d2jsp people advertise 1-99 leveling jobs within a weeks time and have 100-300 dtoches for sell quite often. The amount of accounts needed to run that poo poo is mind boggling.

It's not duping. It's just botting. Not really hard to come home from work with an inventory full of gear.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Third Man posted:

Is d2jsp and their weird forum gold thing the only game in town for trading these days? I'm playing through the game again with a friend for old times sake and we're running into the gear wall in Hell difficulty. Considering mayyyybe re-rolling on the ladder since we happened to pick the game back up right before the reset, but I don't really know the point of doing that unless there is an active community out there to barter with...

Yes, and non-ladder items are much cheaper. But, 90% of people play ladder. So, it'll be hard to trade your non-ladder items to get gold in the first place. You should ALWAYS play the ladder unless you have a character that's like 90+ you're already working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Rip'd last night at level 83 after making a Hoto earlier in the day with that vex. Got a little too drunk and careless, gear was getting pretty dank too.

Goondolences. I died the other day on my HC Sorc, with 800+ MF, in the loving Pit of all places. Lightning enchanted archers on level 2 poofed my merc with perfect gear, instantly, and I followed shortly after.