Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I think they only thing I didn't like was that it looked like they took away the Sorceress' glowing eyes when you select her for creation.

But it was just a quick thing so if it still happens and I just missed it that's alright, but it seemed like it wasn't happening and I was kinda miffed by that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

that description sounds like how your characters will look after killing Baal, if there were a system sort of like what happens to Shepard in Mass Effect 2 and 3 where the more Renegade things you do, the more hosed up your face looks as the game progresses, that would be a pretty neat innovation.

kinda not really worth the effort since this is all top down so we never really see the faces of our characters

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

yeah I thought Energy was the dump stat for, like, 90% of all builds across all classes

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

what's the established way to run og D2 these days? It doesn't seem to want to run on my new computer (getting that error 25 thing) so I suppose I should install a mod or something to get it working

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

That's by Carbot, they did the Starcraft 2 videos and the cartoon mod.

Hadn't seen that one in particular before. Reminds me more of my experience with Phantasy Star Online where I had all kinds of high level players just twink me with rare loot as soon as I started.

that happened the first time I did online play for D1, just logged in, said "hello" in the chat and a Rogue walked by and dropped a whole bunch of really good, though probably hacked, equipment and peaced out

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

What the hell is everyone talking about with quest drop and bosses?

I ask this as someone who never played ladder or online past 1.09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

are there any issues with using the b.net version of D2 classic with mods like PlugY or D2DX? Figured I would check first before I bork some nice characters I made over the past couple months