Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Bosses are initially rough as a summonancer since they'll chew through your minions without providing a fresh supply of corpses. The slow clay golem provides is essential.

The other component to boss killing is the decrepify curse. This slow stacks with clay golem and cripples the bosses ability to attack. Any summoning build should have at least one point in both of these and corpse explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

Poop, well I did waste a handfull of points during respec on mana, but not too many.

I was not aware I could give my merc gear, how do I do that?

Don't sweat giving yourself some energy. The old mantra of "never skill energy" comes from the days of no respecs. It also comes from the fact that the super end game gear gives you enough energy to completely manage your skills with judicious use of mana potions. However, you're very far from that point so some extra energy will make your early levels far more pleasant, which is what counts.