Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Diablo II Ladder Reset May 26th

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/17347755804

Blizzard posted:

It’s that time again! On the morning of Tuesday, May 26, we’ll be conducting maintenance in order to reset the Diablo II ladder. We anticipate the realms could be down for up to six hours, and during that time all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as ladder-only rune words.

This ladder reset, like all those before it, creates a clean slate where all ladder characters begin at level 1 with no previous items to help them. To participate, simply wait until the Diablo II realms return to service on May 26, log in to Battle.net, and select the “Ladder Character” checkbox when creating a new character. You can track ladder character leveling progress by clicking on the Ladder button from the main Diablo II in-game Battle.net interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

The Shortest Path posted:

I will totally play D2 on a new ladder with goons, sounds like a total blast.

I'd play too but I don't have a copy and am broke til after my wedding :(

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Someone refresh my memory..how long does it take on average for a ladder reset to go from nostalgia to "ok this isn't fun now that everyone has a hammerdin bot and owns 5 of every item and rune"?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Hahahahaha I loving wish.

Yeah I know I exaggerated with that but hell any trip to d2jsp will tell you that everybody has everything except for you. :(

Anyways I don't have a working key for Diablo 2 & I was wondering if it is even worth it to buy a key or if I will play the game for a week and then stop.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

drat its the 26th? I'm guessing servers won't be reset until later?

Also I believe we are playing hardcore. And since its a new ladder, almost no one will have top items for a long time if ever.

Harcore? Man.. D2 HC was scary. Not sure if I have the balls lol

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Spent $8 on a shady diablo key site for the classic+lod keys..they are the 26-bit registerable ones so hopefully that goes well. If not $8 is just lunch money and I go back to playing TERA.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 26, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Link your cdkey to battle.net so you can download the game and not use CDs.

Will be in CTS mumble, classic games channel, later.

Yep, will do. Still waiting on key delivery.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Well my keys are finally delivered. They added to my BNET account with no issues. So now I am downloading and installing the game. It seems to be going somewhat slow, but I'll update you when I am online. What is your account name and what realm?

Edit:

Installed! In as *ObscuritySA

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 27, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Welp dead already at level 16. This is going to frustrate me enough to just roll softcore I can feel it.

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 27, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Somebody didn't follow the rules :colbert:

Heh, don't give up! I'll be on later to level some more.

Am back up to level 13 on a Barb lol

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Nobody ever on..if you're on USEast HC add me my acc name is ObscuritySA my character name is MyOtherGuyDied

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Sorry about earlier. Weather hosed my internet.

It's cool. I did some Baal runs and got to 39 last night. Time to start NM!

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kazvall posted:

Besides Obscurity and I, who is playing or wants to play? I can rush people now. Its best to get 24 first and then get 25 on ancients so you can go right to Baal runs.

Please play with us :(

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I might be persuaded into making another character tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Join us :D

I am now level 80 with full Immortal King's set on my Barb. :) Just need better jewelry, merc gear, and the dumb unique charms and I'm all set :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Decided to move to softcore ladder. If anyone plays add me! *ObscuritySA