Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I made an HC necro and died to corpsefire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

FalloutGod posted:

I also doubt the money they would make on sells from remaking D2 into a HD version would outweigh the cost it would require do so.

I thought it was pretty much confirmed that this was happening to at least some "Classic" games, if not D2 specifically. When I hear that, I imagine a completely rewritten game from the ground up, so I'm still not sure what they gain from updating D2. Maybe just as a side project while their new team studies how the game worked?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Toady posted:

There was a job posting about updating classic games for compatibility with modern operating systems, which is what this patch does. People keep misinterpreting it as "HD remakes with all new graphics."

Fair enough. Still doesn't answer "why".

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
oh yeah

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Bimmi posted:

I was all jazzed and ready to go on this, but lack of vertical sync has the game looking like complete garbage on a flat screen.

wtf

FalloutGod posted:

On the current state of botting according to the people at project etal.

I'm hearing people are updating the bots to work but I stopped playing a month before the patch came out so I'm not privy to which one to watch.

seems like they just broke the path and it's gonna be fixed in hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Kazvall posted:

Also, d2 median: sigma is supposed to be coming out this year. Yay!

what about d2 mean: mu