Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I have no idea if the build remained viable after I'd stopped playing, but the freezadin was great fun. With the proper gear your aura slowed monsters that weren't even on the screen, and they'd move at a complete crawl besides. Who needs a HF merc? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
For Diablo 2/LoD, there's a ~$18 "gold edition" on Amazon. They're also available directly from Blizzard, but as I already own them it won't tell me how much they are. The Battle Chest is likely to be pricier still and the only additional goodie it comes with is a strategy guide, which is going to be useless for all intents and purposes. I'm not sure you can find them much cheaper, especially as buying used isn't an option.

The very first Diablo predates the CD key era so you can't buy it digitally from Blizzard. I could swear it actually was included for free on some gaming magazine cover disc once (those were the days :allears:), but don't quote me on that. Might actually be somewhat tricky to locate it at a reasonable price.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Such a missed opportunity to call it Diabloom.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If you leave the game and start a new one, your body will be right there in town with you.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Blizzard games generally had pretty sweet manuals, back when video games had proper manuals in the first place anyway, so yes I recommend you do just that. It's fun and (somewhat) educational!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Curses are pretty important; there's absolutely no reason not to use Amplify Damage at the very least. Most of the others are somewhat situational (for a skelliemancer in particular), but one point in AD is a must.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Level 52 just is outright too low for Hell difficulty (and is less than ideal for the final areas on Nightmare too). Even the humble zombies and fallen have monster levels in the high 60s there, which is doing you absolutely no favours in terms of hitting and being hit by them.

I'd recommend staying in Act V on Nightmare and gaining more levels. I seem to remember that Baal runs could easily take you to 70+; that might not be an option for you but could be worth a try anyway, even if you have to fight your way through the Worldstone Keep yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If a monster's resistance to a given element is high enough then Conviction/Lower Resist can't drop it to below 100% and the monster remains immune. That absolutely is a thing, although to which extent (especially as pertains to fire) I don't remember.