Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

FalloutGod posted:

transitioning into a F2P company.

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

Blizzard has released two F2P games ever, and their newest title that they're investing heavily in is not F2P. I'm just wondering what kind of conspiracy theory poo poo you're on about here.

George
Nov 27, 2004

My only problem is getting Blessed Hammer to loving hit that enemy standing next to me.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Garfu posted:

Or you could always try out this while you wait...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797978

Realized we never actually pasted the thread link in here

gently caress my life.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Path of Diablo seems to be booming.

George
Nov 27, 2004

THE BAR posted:

It looked like plain old Diablo 2 to me, just jumbled a bit around, based on the screenshots.

I've been trying it out and it's a really restrained balance mod so far. I think the most PoE things are mapping in endgame, corrupting items, online trading, and god damned loving reddit.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Star Man posted:

Shift + belt slot number.

Oh my God, why isn't this information in the OP?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Star Man posted:

Because gently caress you and everyone that looks like you

Not to ruin the fun, but I've always legit appreciated​ your contributions here and was doing the running gag. Also I can't believe I've been dragging potions all this time.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The fun of a game like D2 is, for me, watching a plan come together. Hitting that level where you can finally wear that ideal item or spec into your endgame skill is awesome.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

you expect star man to have a good op? He melted down in the d3 thread. A game where people play for a few weeks then quit because the game play is about as deep as a kiddy pool.

We've been playing in the shallows our entire lives waiting for the chosen one to show us the ocean. Could you be the one?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Star Man posted:

The ocean is all of the missed opportunities to have fun at a party and get laid because you were too busy playing Diablo.

Oh, then it's definitely not this guy.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Man, Blizzard has changed so much.

George
Nov 27, 2004

2019 Diablo 2: Max Dex meta.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah, in fact of all the D2 mods I've tried it's the most faithful to the original game.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Gosh, I wonder how Blizzard could possibly go and gently caress this up?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah I’m a huge fan of this. I wish I had a mapping group though because my holy bolt paladin is great fun until I hit those magic immune revenants.

George
Nov 27, 2004

PD2 definitely has widescreen and upscale to higher res. I think it either uses an interpolation engine or did to create upressed assets though because it’s a bit muddy.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Itemization is still the worst part of D3 and the thing they’re refusing to fix for D4. No thank you.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The holy war is stupid and I’m sorry for adding to it, but as someone who loved D3 and the place they took it a great deal I have to say it really is a departure from the series’s best elements. Once I started playing PoE there was no going back, even though I can always fire up D2 and have a great time.

D3 has a really satisfying combat engine and is good arcadey fun but there isn’t anything that sticks to your character or feels like a meaningful decision. The items are just number go up until it’s bigger and redder, and everything feels flat and smooth.

The things they did with legendaries affecting skills were important and fun but not enough on their own. I think keeping skill trees like in D2 but having synergies augment skill behavior might be a great approach. I dunno, I really like the game but in the end it’s failures have been exposed and I don’t see a need for them to be repeated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

Devonaut posted:

why the gently caress would you post that here?