Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

All I really know about Fafner is that it has Hirai character designs at peak Hirai, so it looks like the cast of Gundam Seed were transported to a different show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Yeah this episode was pretty...silly and ridiculous. They've got some explaining to do.

Anime as heck goofiness too.

No poo poo that a dude who was horribly mangled was afraid when he died. You don't need to taste his blood to figure that out!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

So. This show started out pretty loving stupid. And it's still pretty loving stupid. And it's probably the ugliest show airing this season. But somehow. After the third episode. I think. I am... enjoying... it? :psyduck:

Comically evil scientist guy needs to go, though. Like, this isn't even "cruel but effective"- he's no good to you if you break him.

I think the show certainly has potential, it just doesn't feel like it knows what it wants to do with its massive cast right now. The setting is fine but a lot of the pilots just feel non-existent. The latest episode felt like the sort of episode we'd see a few episodes later in the show, after getting to know the cast a bit more.

(It did have some pretty nice action here though, despite the CG looking rather outdated they do a decent job directing the action).

• Locked thread