Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Namtab posted:

Ep 3. Did the sister literally just murder him cause he was talking about other girls?

The one highlight of this show so far is the sister's ridiculous complex being overplayed to the point where it's basically self-parody. Like in 4 where she repeatedly freezes the room whenever he talks about another girl, and you see another character tapping on the ice in her drink glass.

Now if only I could believe the writer actually intended it to be parody and not just all out niche appeal. Probably dropping this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Shakugan posted:

Has there ever been an ADTRW discussion about the whole sister romance thing that is so prevalent in Japanese media? Bizarre fetishes aren't uncommon, but I'm really not sure why this particular one is so widespread. It's basically a cultural fetish.

Occasionally. The conclusion seems to be that for the socially shut in group that's the primary market for non-children's anime in Japan (remember, the word Otaku actually means "house"), associating with other women is outside their comfort zone but associating with family is not. I can't personally speak for if that's correct, though.

• Locked thread