Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
"No-one in the world can possibly beat ~onee-sama~; he's so great!"
"Boy yes, I sure am! Look, I came up with this revolutionary theory, implemented it, and thought through the ramifications like a boss!"

*LATER*

"~Onee-sama~, if people got wind of your true power they'd hound you forever!"
"Hm, yes, maybe we should try shutting the gently caress up about how great I am?"
[Together:] "Nahhh."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The strange thing is, I'm actually enjoying watching this, at least enough that it's a decent way to kill half an hour in the evenings.
It's sort of an education in depth-plumbing, y'know?

I doubt that'll sustain itself for an entire season, though.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

(when the gently caress did teenagers ever drink champagne? From my experience it's beer, cheap vodka or bust)

Hi! Yeah, some of us liked fancy booze.
I haven't been a teen for years now, but I started my champagne habit when I was in my late teens. Also calvados and armagnac.

If you grow up with parents who don't drink beer or cheap vodka, then your taste in alcohol tends to change accordingly.

Also: "No, I loved PROTAGONIST-SAMA, but then I realised he was TOO PERFECT for me, so I had to settle for DISMEMBERMENT-KUN!"

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

SorcerousHam posted:

Japanese people and companies like naming themselves along the lines of "four-something" because it means they might be connected to the Yotsuba and therefore be someone not to be hosed with because they might murder you for looking at them the wrong way.

I'm just imagining the equivalent in English.

"Hello, welcome to Murder Automotive Engineering!"
"Oh, I say! Are you owned by the Basingstoke Murders?"
"No, no, it's just a coincidence."
"Ah, what a shame! Baron Manfred Murder is a good friend of mine!"

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Namtab posted:

There's also an artificial hotspring in the hotel's basement because someone told the author that all trips need a hotspring. It's mercifully brief but it's one of those things where the girls all take a bath and one girl starts groping titys.

It was also the most uncomfortable one of those scenes I've ever come across.
Something about the music, I think. It was just especially stomach turning.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

JimmyT64 posted:

I'd read a stupid-overdone Silver Age comic starring Matter Disintegration Lad.

Pity that Mahouka is just stupid.

"Galloping gigawatts, Matter Disintegration Lad just reduced the entire battlebot army to their constituent atoms!"
"That's nothing! Remember, I can instantaneously reconstruct things exactly as they were!" [See issue #48 - ED]
"But what good will that do? We don't want the battlebots back again!"
"Ah, but if I stop part-way through, like... this!" *KAPOW*
"Trumpeting teravolts! You reconstructed them without weapons or programming!?"
"That's right! Just think, an entire army of robot servants that could be programmed to help the elderly or infirm, or to do jobs too dangerous for humans!"
"You're so brilliant, Matter Disintegration Lad!"
"I know!" :smuggo:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
"He arrived practically at the same time as the emergency response teams and helped bring you to shore. He also spotted your fractures in one glance and gave the orders for treatment."

"Then he was punched repeatedly in the face by one of the paramedics, who kept shouting 'Oh? Yeah? And what's the treatment regimen for this, smart-arse!'"

I wish...

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Namtab posted:

Yeah what Mahouka needs is development of the incest subplot

Speaking personally, I would far rather watch a show with actual incest (assuming it wasn't just treated as a titillating fetish) than one with this kind of insipid sibling-crush bollocks.
Something in which the problems with that kind of relationship were actually addressed, whether it was portrayed ultimately as good or bad, would still at least be more interesting.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Can we fire him into the sun? I mean... Hm.
If we drug him somehow... does his regeneration counter that? Is there anything we can do to shut that off?

Ooh! Lure him into an airtight room and replace the atmosphere with pure nitrogen!
It wouldn't trigger the suffocation reflex because that only happens when your body is getting excess CO2, so hopefully he'd just slip into euphoria and unconsciousness without his auto-defences triggering. Once that's happened, even if his magic can keep him alive, it probably still can't let him actually function.

Then we just seal him up in a box with no oxygen and shoot the whole thing into space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

pentyne posted:

Two of the school ‘enforcers’, redhead baton girl and other guy, attack some random guy who’s been stalking them, knife fight ensures and he loses.

I loved this scene because from a perfectly reasonable point of view, it looked like he was just some guy out for a stroll when suddenly two magic-wielding teenage thugs start hassling him and going "Oh, you can't escape us now!" *toys menacingly with baton*

• Locked thread