Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I didn't know this was D&D's Dittoheads thread.

I wonder how weird it would be to hear Rush Limbaugh shill for a LN series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

WickedHate posted:

Magic users aren't oppressed, the bad guys just trick people into thinking that the magicians are elitist. Which works in a meta way, too.

I'm still not sure this isn't the D&D Dittoheads thread.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

And I like that you like it!

Your posts are leagues more entertaining than the actual series.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Dig the random quote marks. I'm sure it was popular for "entertainment", narration.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Namtab posted:

Fashion goes in cycles, the gritty magical future with a victorian fashion sense.

"Madam, I can see your ankles"

Followed by an infodump on ankles and how scandalous they are in this grim future.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

boredsatellite posted:

Honestly it's a rough tossup between creepy fanservice shows and shows that pander to right wing otakus with terrible nationalist stuff

Tomayto, tomahto.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I ain't gonna front, I'm just bothering with this thread for WickedHate posts.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

It's okay, at least it's not like Tatsuya knows why kids like--- oh.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Doesn't Haibane Renmei count?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Neeksy posted:

SAO is prettymuch the proto-this. Author masturbatory god-man main character, incest, etc.

And yet Kirito actually suffers if I remember the spoilers rightly. He can't save his original crew, he suffers gender dysphoria in the FPS game, and by the later novels he's been in and out of virtual worlds so much his sense of reality is breaking and he's the one that has to be saved by the friends he's made so far.

Tatsuya will feel kind of miffed by something that happens at worst/best.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Just sic Squirrel Girl on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Darth Walrus posted:

One of the Best Light Novels Ever

shonen/Tech Savy/Strategic Tropes.

"Strategic tropes" in this context just makes me think of that one Left Behind videogame.

Also, (H)Romance? The denial goes only so far, it seems.

• Locked thread