Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

Let me clarify something. This is a bad show. You should not watch it. It is not self-aware, it is not clever, it is not intentionally funny. Some people (like me) will watch it anyway while griping about how terrible it is, which is what this thread is for.

However, if someone wants to earnestly defend it feel free. It would probably be more entertaining than the show itself.

I read a few of the novels after the rear end in a top hat who got me the Gundam Unicorn novels said that this would be right up my alley and, in all honesty? The books are a waste of the paper they were printed on. For example, I'm sure almost everyone in this forum can agree that the Index novels (and almost every other side-story and their adaptations thereof) are crappy as hell, but every once in a while, goofy and / or cool stuff happens. Like Srice said, it's very rare to find a "So bad it turns right back into good" type of series. Index is not straight-up good, but every once in a while, it's so god-awfully bad / goofy that it almost justifies all the bullshit. Almost.

This doesn't even reach into that. The main dude is a gigantic non-entity, his sister is a loving annoyance/bore (on top of also being kinda creepy) and the info-dumps would be comical if they weren't also, well, everywhere. Most of the rest of the cast don't even matter because there's very little to them as characters. The fact that, as a dude with the crippling need to stick with something until the end, I decided to drop the novel even though I stopped in the first part of the second arc. Seriously.

I do have a question, though: I was looking around the wikipedia page and, reading through the characters page, I noticed that Tomokazu Sugita is basically voicing Hidenori in a fantasy setting. So my curiosity is: In the 3 episodes that have aired so far, has anything being re-written to have him goof around with Tatsuya?

I know it's not like in Gintama where they can poke fun when something retarded rears its ugly head, but a man can dream.

vvvv e: Even the pacing is garbage, then. gently caress this, I'm out.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

tvtropes.txt-style shitposting.

Wait, so TV tropes also has its very own text file creed-type bullshit now ?

I mean, I dislike the site for the retarded (and completely unwarranted) self-importance that a good chunk of the users carry as if it was a badge of pride of some sort, but I didn't know it had devolved into full-on shitlord wretched hive. Oh, well.

There's a word that came to me when thinking about this thread, but since I'm somewhat unfamiliar with this aspect of USA/UK humor, I thought I'd ask: Is this what is normally known as roasting?

On show-related news: Finally powered through the first 3 episodes. I have now confirmed that this thing has worse pacing than Index. Hardly the best achievement, I'm sure, but coming from Madhouse, it feels a tad bit disappointing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure the dim-witted author at some point read one of Narita Ryohgo's works (probably Baccano) and, after trying to absorb the craziness of the plot, he said (spoilers for the first two arcs of the Baccano novels / a good chunk of the anime) “I can make a character like Claire Stanfield and turn him into the definite main!”

And then this whole dull mess was unleashed upon us. Like many dudes have said before: There are neat ideas about the whole setting, but the whole thing is squandered when you have such a boring set of characters and zero actual conflict.

On the other hand I hope that this show becomes successful enough so that Madhouse can finally get their mojo flowing and focus on finishing Satoshi Kon's last movie.

A man can dream, right? :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know what I'm wondering? I know that back when I first started posting in ADTRW, Lucy Heartfilia and a bunch of other knowledgeable goons basically spelled out the fact that the retarded long-rear end names most LN's are mostly the work of the editors, but here's what kinda eludes me:

If Light Novels are supposed to be aimed at teens and young adults, does this mean there's a sizable chunk of the readers who sympathize with the retarded bullcrap the dipshit author is peddling regarding this watered-down “Yamato-Damashii” and such?

I mean, I could almost understand the dumb appeal of the incestuous nonsense because the author probably never had a younger sister or cousin. But is there a lot of budding right-wingers or something within the demographic? Or am I reading too much into it?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

darkgray posted:

This title started out on one of those free-to-publish web novel sites, so the author probably never had anyone to rein him in. No idea how much force the publishing house editors could put on him when he already had a massive pre-existing fanbase. Strange times.

Well, it's never too late to start. Didn't SAO got a remake of sorts for the first arc?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

*I'm reminded of another recent LN show, Log Horizon. Log Horizon had to do a lot of infodumping, but the main difference between this and Log Horizon is that whenever Log Horizon infodumped about something, it would be relevant in that episode.

Yeah, but the author of Log Horizon really knows how to make economics interesting, and the main character there sometimes has a hilariously douchey disposition, which is actually commented upon. Additionally, the anime had Jouji Nakata playing a cat. A swash-buckling, chef-trained cat. I'm pretty sure it would take a herculean effort to make something like that dull. :3:

e: Fixin' those grammatically abysmal sentences.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 8, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

darkgray posted:

I hope you'll be this passionate when Dainihon Samurai Girl becomes (?) anime. It's about a hyper-right-wing 16-year-old girl who wants to become dictator of Japan in order to arm the nation with nuclear weaponry, so they can take on China and whatever, and she's persuaded to become an idol first, since it's the fastest way to the political top. Great stuff.

That sounds like Liberation Maiden: The Anime. :v:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wait, why is Shizuo in there? Is Shizuo... considered moé or something nowadays? Are they going to change anything on the second season of Durarara!! To make Shizuo moé? Please don't dick around with my feelings, Dengeki Bunko.

SSNeoman posted:

On another note, someone here read the LNs, right? Do they have any cool sympathetic villains?

:cawg:

I got up to volume 4 recently. So, for at least the first two arcs, no dice.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I was just wondering something. Will the writer of an LN that is adapted into an anime like this benefit significantly financially from the adaptation? I'm sure they do pretty well, but is it the sort of thing that would actually make them rich?

Unless it sells like hotcakes, not bloody likely. I mean, everybody and their dog thought that Nisio Isin was an unstoppable money-making machine, but then came the Medaka Box anime and it apparently had numbers so goddamn abysmal that it killed any other chance for a 3rd season. Of course, since most* animes exist there to basically advertise the manga/novels/game, if it helped the manga / novels (such as in this case) to sell better, then I guess there is that.

Also, I'm pretty sure somebody explained a few weeks (months, maybe?) how most anime is funded by committee.

*The exceptions being Original Projects like Cowboy Bebop, Darker Than Black and so on.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But is she Tsundere about it? :suicide:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, I remember seeing the first year of Gintama and it was, for the most part, not that good in most aspects. Still beats having to sit through 2 hours of this nice-looking dullness. Also, SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED at the lack of Sugita / Nakamura tomfoolery. How did Madhouse decided to stick closely to the source of this malarkey without looking at the script and saying “Pants to this 1% magical elite tirades / imouto bullshit: Bring in the sillies!â€Â is beyond me.

Would have been funny in that Musashi-Gun type of wonderful awfulness, at least.

e: loving Android app.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 14, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dudermcbrohan posted:

The best part of the latest episode was how sugita will come back so there'll be two good things about this show.

I know it's silly to enjoy the work of a voice actor to that extent, but goddamn does he make his efforts to be entertaining. Battle Tendency was basically my favorite anime in 2013 in great part thanks to him and, while Unshou Ishizuka is doing a great job as Old Joseph in Stardust Crusaders, I still think Sugita completely owned that character.

The fact that he sounds like he's always having a blast only further cements it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder how good the quality of writing is in Japanese. We know that the translation is bad, but I wonder if it sounds just as stilted and dull in the original.

As someone already mentioned it earlier in the thread, this started as an online novel. And it shows. You'd think that, after getting his lovely glorified fanfiction published, that an editor would step in and tell Sato to get his act together and start reining in his hard-on for verbal diarrhea that goes loving nowhere (a.k.a "Exposition"). But no; to give small credit where it's due, the guy does have some clue for how to do world-building, it's just really tragic that he often has to do info-dumps and that he decided to go with the 2 most unappealing main characters this side of... what, Guilty Crown? Yeah, let's go with that.

I don't remember if it was mentioned in this very thread or on the Code Geass one, but part of what made Code Geass work was that, despite all the elements to make it a less-than-stellar work, it knew how to make light of itself at times.

Some elements (probably in no small part thanks to the character design provided by CLAMP) looked straight out of a Takarazuka Play in just how colorful they looked. It also had both a really great cast and a really rich world that, while never losing focus from our main parties for long, it allowed you to get some idea of the state of the world outside of Japan. And while it did lost its footing, it still managed to stay entertaining all the way through. Which is something that I really can't say about this series nor from Guilty Crown.

So, to put it in one sentence: Yes, the novels are a stilted and dull mess on the original recipe as well.

e: Android app :argh:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 16, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

i recently rewatched oreshura several months ago someone kill me

Hey now, Oreshura wasn't completely without merits. Yes, it was a lovely harem rom-com with boring, stereotypical characters and cliché story up the rear end, but I think it had a little merit, even if it was mostly due to accidental timing: At the same time that I watched that series, I was playing Project x Zone (itself another boring piece of entertainment which had amongst its few redeeming values the chance to introduce me to the :ssj: SUPER ROBOT WARS :ssj: franchise) and it was that anime that made me realize that Yukari Tamura has a really cool voice when she does her breathy lower register and stops trying to sound like a shrill banshee spawn kid Nanoha. Ai Kayano was also a revelation, what with her really goofy voice when she goes over-the-top tsundere. Servant x Service basically confirmed that.

In Gary Stu MC-related content, having watched episode 7, I'm not sure I want to keep watching this show, not even in that MST3K way where we make fun of how dumb and dull it is. I already read up until the end of this following arc and, aside from a few differences that have already been pointed out, it's been basically a 1:1 adaptation and it looks like it's going to continue to be that way. On the other hand, this thread has proven to be highly entertaining, so I just might soldier on.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

The incest niche appeals to a lot of people too, but I'm sure that alone wouldn't blind people to the nationalist elements, if they existed.

Please never stop posting, dude.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

We are all waiting eagerly for you to become the next head of the family, emotionally unstable girl who automatically tries to murder everyone around her when someone says something good or bad about her brother.

Well, who would you pick? A sensible and well-functioning fellow? Get outta here.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know? I'm starting to think that SAO wasn't “that bad”. Is this what it feels like when you realize that you're “slightly old for this poo poo”?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

I dunno, it's sort of cliche but there isn't anything inherently funny about it.

Sure there is! That's the expression a little girl makes after dressing up her Barbie (or Ken, I guess) doll with a pretty new set of clothes! :swoon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm willing to bet that part of the reason why the Yotsuba clan as a whole sees Miyuki's behavior without a red light inside their heads going off nearly every drat second (besides the fact that most of them are also probably gigantic turds themselves) is due to the fact that they look at her and probably try to justify her actions with a "Welp, she IS a teenager, so a few silly shenanigans are to be expected".

That or probably they're molding her to be a figure-head with Woody being the one calling the shots and-- hahaha, I can't even finish that sentence.

At this point, I'm just trying to think of some setting where someone actually makes some smidgen of sense and people say "Look, she's so goddamn socially retarded that her brother functions as a sort of emotional crutch; said dude can barely emote as it is and he still finds her loving creepy at times. Yes these kids are our future, just humor us, 'kay? Our current leader is still goofy in the head after that incident, so don't expect any decisions to be reasonably sound".

I'm actually starting to sympathize with Woody here, so excuse me but I'm gonna take a break from thinking about this fetid franchise. :suicide:

The Sandman posted:

There's no relationship. There's just Blando Calrissian standing around looking perfect while his sister Cersei tries to hold out until she gets somewhere private before masturbating to her memories of whatever inarticulate grunt he responded to her with this week.

The tender story of a man and his hug pillow has more depth than this garbage.

WickedHate posted:

I was trying to refer to the incest aspect. That alone probably drives up sells to a degree.

e: Whenever a work of fiction has the distinctive possibility of an incestuous relationship played for titillation / appeal to the audience, I often think about Genshiken and how the audience stand-in perfectly encapsulated how (paraphrasing, not the exact sentence) "People that enjoy that type of games are idealizing such a relationship because they don't actually have a younger sister".

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 9, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

When talking sales it is important to note that the linked article is about the series overall.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-03/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan-by-volume-2014-first-half/.75185

This one has individual volume sales so when you consider that light novels release several volumes a year it does tell a different story.

I've no idea about the book industry in Japan overall, but for comparison last year Haruki Murakami (one of the top selling authors in Japan) released a new book and the sales were so high that they printed over a million copies for the first week of release.

Man, The Devil is a Part-Timer didn't even crack the top 20. The one light novel series I kinda want to see a second season of. :(

Also, hopefully this is the year when the Monogatari series finally ends.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So you guys were expecting Jojo-lite.

Shame. :geno:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Finished book 5

That's so loving dumb that now I need to read it. Was this still part of the original online novel? Because this reads like awful fanfiction. Like, I've read fanfiction with a better summary than this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I sorta feel bad that they decided to stay true to the source material. If they weren't so intent in only producing stuff they more or less own completely, I wonder how a studio such as KyoAni would approach the story.

Or White Fox. Both the adaptations of Steins;Gate and Katanagatari were pretty good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rangpur posted:

So are there any light novels... Well, not just better than this, since that's such a low bar to clear you could qualify while still being tedious garbage. Mediocre, maybe? Suggest mediocre and above LNs for me to read.

I remember liking Boogiepop a lot, but kinda lost track of it. Has there been anything new by that series, or was that already marked as finished? Shouji Gatoh's most recent novel (Brilliant Park) is decent, too.

At this point, and given the fact the anime based on normal novels from Tomihiko Morimi (Eccentric Family, Tatami Galaxy) Honobu Yonezawa (Hyouka) and Yusuke Kishi (From the New World), I'd say go for normal novels. I'm hoping one day a Haruki Murakami anime adaptation happens.

e:fb

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

All of Tatsuya's shunning by the Yotsuba becomes meaningless when one remembers that Miyuki is the next heir so really the aunt and butler are p.much being dicks for the sake of it.

I hope at one point Tastuya recovers his emotions full throttle just so he can dick around with the aunt. Not because it'll provide room for some poetic retribution for all the shunning, gods no.

I just want to see what kind of awful, ham-fisted prose Satou will come up with in case such an event happens.

... is this what writing fanfiction feels like? :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SorcerousHam posted:

Because there is never any chance whatsoever that there will be sex or anything even approaching it because the author is some sort of weird Japanese nationalist prude who is also probably a misogynist and has a female character spout such weird phrases like:

"I believe in a patriarchal ideology, so I believe that men are supposed to work harder than women. Thus, men must learn to discipline themselves and take responsibility for their own actions."

He's also probably closeted but deeply in denial.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^^^
e: It was portrayed in a completely unrealistic manner. It does end up alienating the siblings from a few of their friends, but it was still portrayed with a really gross, fetish-y appeal.

Listen: Oreimo was loving garbage, this series is loving garbage and the only thing that keeps me coming back to this thread is WickedHate's sometimes hilarious posts and Namtab's schadenfreude-tastic excerpts from novels I will never ever read.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Cavia dealt with the incest topic in a pretty realistic matter. With the brother finding out and not being able to look at the sister in the eyes anymore, and the sister commiting suicide :unsmigghh:

Can you please explain more about this Cavia thing? The only things related of entertainment that showed up with said name was a defunct video game company and an Argentinian illustrator.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 30, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sweet. Guess I have some weird, messed-up games to go hunting, then!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cake Attack posted:

Oh right I should also have mentioned that Drakengard is also super terrible to play. There's an LP on the archive that I'd read instead.

Okay, if the story's interesting, I'll read the LP instead. Project x Zone has already burned me out on wasting time and money on crappy games. Though that game did give me a cool and sorta :3: story to tell. Feel free to skip it if you've read this one already, since I think I posted this on a Season thread before.

On July 2013, I met Toshiyuki Morikawa (Tekkaman, Eneru, Kyosuke Nanbu, Panda Mama! :3: among many MANY others) in a recording session for a couple of drama CD's and advertisements. While he had to go and talk with the people from the studio and his representing agency (though he more or less basically represents himself nowadays). When he came back, he told me how we had like an hour to muck about while other VA's showed up. We started to talk about silly nonsense, things we like a bunch (he's super into sports, especially baseball). After like 30 minutes, we talked about things we sorta regretted participating in.

He told me about really getting bored while voicing Dante in the Devil May Cry Anime. He then took it back because, eventually, this allowed him to hang out with and "mercilessly tease" Nobuyuki Hiyama for like 3 days in a row while they were doing the voice work for PxZ, which was pretty okay with him due to the fact that he had not seen the man in a good while and kinda missed the King of Braves. He then told me how it was kinda nostalgic that he's been friends with Hiyama for a quarter century. He also told me how Yukari Tamura was treating him like an older brother, which kinda made him feel slightly self-conscious because then Hiyama started busting his chops about it.

Additionally, and in retrospect, I think said recording session was also the first time I heard his "Diavolo" voice, because holy crap did I get a mayor case of the goosebumps when he started doing that voice as a sort of warm-up.

WickedHate posted:

That's what I've been saying. :colbert: (Along with the show itself not reinforcing Miyuki's view of Tatsuya being perfect and agreeing with her)

I reiterate it: Please never stop posting.

e: Nothing wrong. I find your posting very funny. The :colbert: smilie sort of fueled most of that.
vvvvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 30, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Traveller posted:

And yet Kirito actually suffers if I remember the spoilers rightly. He can't save his original crew, he suffers gender dysphoria in the FPS game, and by the later novels he's been in and out of virtual worlds so much his sense of reality is breaking and he's the one that has to be saved by the friends he's made so far.

Tatsuya will feel kind of miffed by something that happens at worst/best.

Let's also not forget the brain damage.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Not much of note happened during this episode.

"I was sworn to secrecy by a superior officer, which means I am legally required to keep that secret. Telling a random high school student is likely a criminal offense. However, I want to show off how knowledgeable I am."

"I can't believe that Tatsuya is really Taurus Silver, even though he kept saying "Who has two thumbs and is secretly the brilliant engineer Silver? This guy!" completely unprompted every day during lunch."

"Stop being a child with your perfectly legitimate complaints. Yes, psychological trauma can make mages permanently unable to use magic. Yes, teenage magicians are more at risk than adults. Yes, there are a great many potential substitutes we could use without demonstrating to half of the school that their confidence in their abilities is completely unwarranted. No, there is nothing at stake in this contest worth demoralizing the student body, perhaps permanently. But you are the main character so we are just gonna put all of that aside so you can be the center of attention like usual."

All Tatsuya has to do to keep a low profile is to stop loving showing off at every opportunity. I loathe braggarts.

But then how would we now just how perfect he is?

What, you want me to listen to that craz-- oh, that's the sister of Mister :geno: .

e: I knew I was looking for something to actually post about. Here's the appeal of our Wooden God, explained by a certain Cracked columnist.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 8, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eddain posted:

I started watching this show and I don't really find it to be terrible.

Just think of Tatsuya as Wizard Jesus, ignore the rampant incest, and enjoy the main character being the best at everything.

I guess I'm just really enjoying the fact that the main character isn't a spineless wimp caught in a harem with new magical powers that he's afraid/reluctant to use. Just keep loving everybody's poo poo up Tatsuya.

Look, you can do Spineless MC right: Watch / Read Kokoro Connect. The anime has Miyuki Sawashiro doing some of the best goddamn VA work she's ever done. Alternatively, just watch Nozaki-kun, which has Yuuichi Nakamura (Tatsuya's VA) using the exact same loving voice he uses for Tatsuya while also being funny as hell. Also, potentially Miyuki out-doing herself.

WickedHate posted:

So this is what I sounded like. :shepface:

Hey, at least you've come around. :thumbsup:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

Yeah, I was just recommending it since it's in the category of "things with protagonists that aren't wimps".

(Also arguably they both deal with really stoic characters but only one of those shows explores that characterization in a meaningful way)

You mean that Mama's Boy? That dude is a big old softie. Who will totes wreck your poo poo if you look at him funny.

The Best Mama's Boy. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

They'll use the money to make Chihayafuru S3

Didn't the 2 anime seasons basically sold relatively little but it helped the manga pick up steam and sell way better?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, some executive at the TV station really liked Chihayafuru and green lit another season. I dont think that would happen with this unless there is an jingoist Ayn Rand fan in one of the committees.

A recent example of a series getting an almost immediate second season announced despite not really selling all that many BD or having good ratings was Build Fighters. It pushed an insane number of toys, so the executives at bandai didnt think twice about trying to milk it further. It helped that all their other attempts to try to sell toys recently failed miserably.

Wait, didn't Gundam Unicorn sold like hot cakes? Or was that DVD / BD only?

Regarding the possible ways to kill Tatsueya, has anyone tried to take the old-school zombie approach of removing the head by decapitation / destroying the brain?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't Shingeki no Kyojin also a mainstream success? It's rather new, I guess, but it did pretty well, especially taking into account that it's very much not as shounen as anything else you'd think when you hear/read "Mainstream Anime".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

gently caress y'all I've watched Girls und Panzer in public.

Well, Girls und Panzer is actually good. SAO was only decent when they were in Aincrad and the only thing this piece of poo poo-shower show has going for it (and even then, the writer still managed to cock it up spectacularly with his boring prudishness and hard-on for Japanese nationalism) is the setting.

I'm actually sincerely surprised that this actually got as popular as it did. Then again, I got surprised when the Overly Long Title trend got big on LN's so what the hell do I know.

• Locked thread