Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Buy a used engagement ring. I paid a buddy of mine about 60% of the retail value on a ring from his failed engagement. It was just taking up space in his sock drawer. My wife knows the history, and doesn't care one bit. She has a beautiful ring, I paid a reasonable amount for it, and my friend was able to pay off the remaining loan on his failed engagement. He recently married a wonderful girl who makes serious bank. Everyone wins!

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

meanieface posted:

OP: I know you're on a budget, when you do get that ring, no matter how much you end up spending on it, insure that thing.

I disagree with this statement. The ring is hardly worth what you pay for it, and insurance is just another expense that most likely will never be used. Save that money and take care of your belongings.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

SiGmA_X posted:

Really? How much is ring insurance?

I got a quote of around $16/month. The ring has a lifetime warranty from the local jeweler it was purchased from, so all my wife has to do is not lose it. If she does, we'll buy a replacement moissanite ring. She's cool with that.

• Locked thread