Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated
I'm engaged and also broke. Can you spot the difference between these two rings?

The primary difference is $4930.00. And I can put whatever stones I want in the first ring. None of which are going to be diamonds that people are being killed to mine.

Your fiancee is going to be a MSW. Does she even know what the average pay rate is for social workers? Google says:

Social workers who specialize in children and family welfare made a median salary of $41,530 in 2012, according to the BLS. The best-paid 10 percent in the field earned $71,000, while the lowest-paid made approximately $26,720.

If she even lands a job after graduation, she's going to start at under $30k and will not likely ever make more than $40k. You guys need to have a discussion on finances yesterday and get on the same page about this poo poo. Frivolities like blood diamonds should be off the table. You don't really think she's going to cave on a cheap wedding after you drop 5k on a rock, do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated

LogisticEarth posted:

You don't have to patronize the dude and his fiance about the ethics of diamonds.
A social worker who doesn't consider the ethical ramifications of her wedding ring is pretty cunty.

• Locked thread