Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fruition
Feb 1, 2014

jeffsleepy posted:

It's bullshit, but it's so widespread that a lot of girls feel that way, not just the money grubbing ones.

This is unfortunately true. I spent way too much on may fiance's engagement ring but I did it for three reasons:

1) I wanted to.
2) I could afford it.
3) She deserves it, didn't expect a ring half the size, and she'll wear it for the rest of her life.

I married up--her family has money and mine are a bunch of plebs--so I saw it as my "buy-in" letting people know I was serious and that I could provide, even though no one cares (but me) and it's not like that at all.

But I'll tell you what, every time I see that ring on her finger I feel so loving proud that I put it there. That being said, I didn't have $100k+ in student loans so you have to weigh your priorities there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread