Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
On the ring front, stay away from local jewelers. I bought my wife one for ~1700 total a few years ago. Found a .8 ct diamond on pricescope.com and shipped it off to this guy to set it in a cool as hell titanium tension setting for around $500.

https://www.boonerings.com

The tension set rings make the diamond look huge. She still gets compliments on it to this day for whatever that's worth. Do your research on the diamond if she insists on having one. The SI (small inclusion) categories are the sweet spot because they still look fine but come with a pretty big price break. Diamonds are dumb as hell but my wife still loves hers so I figure it was worth the relatively small investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
As far as your budget is concerned, are they going to raise your pay when you graduate? 65k seems a bit on the low side for anything other than entry level engineering work. If you can get into that 80-90k range that would be a way bigger deal than fixing your budget. Its not like you have an egregious number of expenses you can easily cut

Edit: just saw you graduated last year so the salary makes sense. Keep focused on your career and keep up with the student payments. Add any new pay raises to that debt and you should be in good shape in a couple of years.

oxsnard fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 26, 2014

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Not sure why everyone is fixated on rent. $1100 isn't that much for any decent sized city. Where do you live OP?

• Locked thread