Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

moana posted:

It's total 100% bullshit made up by an industry that would have said a year's salary if they thought they could get away with it.

Ask her mom if there are any heirloom diamonds in the family you could get reset. My ring cost less than $200 because I just got my grandmother's necklace reset as a ring, and drat, it looks amazing and is way more sentimental for me than anything else I could have gotten for thousands and thousands of dollars.

The part that worries me most is this: "with little consideration of my opinion, lol" because if you can't talk about something like this together, you should not be getting married. In my experience, my girlfriends who have insisted on X amount of spending on an engagement ring are also usually the crazy entitled ones. I love them as friends, but I pity the man who has to pay for their upkeep.
This is a bunch of really good advice. Paying serious money for engagement rings is dumb as heck, and while hey it's your money so whatever, your future wife should not be insisting you spend a large amount of money on something you think isn't worthwhile, especially with your finances so straitened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread