Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I know there was talk for a while of a third animated Heavy Metal movie, but that's been on and off for years. There have been so many people attached, rumored and announced it seems with almost zero real movement.

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, I saw Jodorowsky's Dune recently and it's funny that some of the people keep saying stuff like how "Hollywood was too scared to do something like this because they're afraid of new ideas" and I couldn't help but role my eyes because everything about that movie screamed "delayed and over budget" and even in the best case scenario there was no way it was going to make the kind of money they were asking for back. That movie would have been rad as hell but whatever exec greenlighted it would have also been fired.

I think the Jodorowsky version of Dune almost feels like something that looks great on paper and in our imaginations, it sounds amazingly fantastic and strange in terms of setting and tone compared to the actual filmed products we've gotten.

I just get the feeling that for all the mainstream and fan complaints that even Lynch Dune got, the Jodorowsky version would have gotten even more and worse. Even the fans would have probably have said that it probably would have worked better as an original new property than an adaptation if it had been made.

Granted, though, it's been a long time since I read up on the J-Dune details and I probably need a refresher, but a lot of it does sound like it could be go to either extreme of being surreal to the extent of being either really bad or really engrossing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread