Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

First of all, I hate El Gallinero Gros. Now and forever.

Second, I will update this OP with the wrestler selections at the end of each round. I'll update the picks thread live.

Wait until you see my last pick and the groaning that results from it and the team name.

Thought I'd post a few team ideas I thought of until settling on my picks:

The AJ Community: AJ Styles, AJ Lee, Pacman Adam Jones

Stand To Bet You A Mountain: Scott Norton, Kenta Kobashi, Ric Flair

Fee Fi Fo Dumb: Andre the Giant, The Big Show, Evad Sullivan

Loose Cannons: Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Savage, Brian Pillman

Snowblind: Stan Hansen, Glacier, Jake Roberts

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Welp. There goes my originally planned third.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Senerio posted:

Welp. There goes my originally planned third.

Can I interest you in a Megumi Kudo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiBfx9yqZUU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh, I have a bunch of final picks lined up. I was just kinda hoping to get Aja Kong for my powerhouse of the team.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Senerio posted:

Oh, I have a bunch of final picks lined up. I was just kinda hoping to get Aja Kong for my powerhouse of the team.

If it's any consolation, your second pick was going to be my third

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I'm kinda surprised my first two picks got through. If my third gets sniped, I'm gonna be super pissed.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I was hoping Angle would somehow slip through the cracks. With Stone Cold and Angle, you're gonna be hard to beat Blue.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
The plan is coming together nicely so far :rubshands:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

NowonSA posted:

I was hoping Angle would somehow slip through the cracks. With Stone Cold and Angle, you're gonna be hard to beat Blue.

My team's gonna fight 'em off. A Blue Man Army couldn't hold them back.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

No one I want has been taken so far, so I'm probably going to have to decide whether to stick to my original plan or to go with the two other Okada based trios I've thought of.

EDIT: gently caress it, can't pass Flair up, screw my original plan.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 1, 2014

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Can't really blame you there Thauros. Of course, my theory is that our wrestlers are a bizarre amalgamation of everything they've ever been, what with Bikertaker and the Deadman being the same, so you get flair prime and flair post-retirement rolled into one. Enjoy!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Once all is said and done, I'd be genuinely curious to hear everyone else's original plans, if they were screwed with at any point. Mine, of course, are no exemption, since mine's gone through a couple changes.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'll gladly share my plans when the draft is done. They aren't really that fancy though.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Got dang, Mel Mudkiper.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BlueArmyMan posted:

Got dang, Mel Mudkiper.

Yeah, figured he was going with Invader and Snuka, didn't see that one coming at all.

I also thought Atticus was going to reunite HBK with one of his old tag partners and hope he wouldn't no show again for a sec until I got it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*drops mic*

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Shoulda just picked Okada/Jado/Gedo and easily stomped through this tourney.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Thauros posted:

Yeah, figured he was going with Invader and Snuka, didn't see that one coming at all.

My third pick is either gonna be Invader or a Special Mystery Guest

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My third pick is either gonna be Invader or a Special Mystery Guest

gently caress that saito pick is good but you'll probably have to explain it to psp at some point

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

*picks up mic*

*drops it again*

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*picks up mic*

*drops it again*

2 for 2 on the holy gently caress picks.

Also the you might have to explain the stories picks.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh my god I love Hehu's Big Daddies team.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Why don't you learn a thing or two, bitches.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Some of these teams are pretty amazing, but now I'm worried that my planned third pick won't be there for me. :ohdear:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Great White Hope posted:

Some of these teams are pretty amazing, but now I'm worried that my planned third pick won't be there for me. :ohdear:

I can assure you I'm not gunning for a legit sports star fwiw

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

For the record, my other intended team was Rock of Ages: The Rock, Ultimate Warrior (Bladerunner Rock) and Don "The Rock" Muraco.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I was hoping for HBK, Daniel Bryan, and William Regal. The Holy Trinity.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Who is the third man of the 3 Horsemen!?! Who can it be!!!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Atticus Finch posted:

I was hoping for HBK, Daniel Bryan, and William Regal. The Holy Trinity.

I figured you were still doing the HBK school, but with a better 2nd man

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Who is the third man of the 3 Horsemen!?! Who can it be!!!

I think I'm going back to a modified version of my original theme since the theme's kinda irrestible and obvious now that it occured to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atticus I just want to say that you're right about the scramble. It owns and I hope they bring it back sometime.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Atticus I just want to say that you're right about the scramble. It owns and I hope they bring it back sometime.
THANK YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MOTHERFUCKER

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Haha! Pacman Jones is in higher demand than Hogan, Cena and Andre. That rules.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Gavok posted:

Haha! Pacman Jones is in higher demand than Hogan, Cena and Andre. That rules.

I had Hogan in mind in case I didn't get Angle, but don't need him now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

:homebrew::smug::homebrew:

Seriously though, you should go with the guy I was afraid you were going to take when I originally planned on Dibiase as my #2 pick.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DOUBLE MOTHERFUCKER

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Great White Hope posted:

DOUBLE MOTHERFUCKER

That's twice you've sent me into a laughing fit at work today.

I am so proud of my team name, and that it came together for me. Original thought started with Yuji Nagata, doing a bWo 2.0 with Nova and Blue Meanie for backup. Then I thought of that name, and swapped Nova for Amazing Red. Then I decided on a Redneck instead, which led to Steve Austin. And who better to represent the red, white and blue than Kurt Angle?

Hogan was a possible alternate in case Angle got taken.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I was thinking of putting together a rad all-lady team (Probably like Aja, Bull Nakano and SDR) but then I realized MENG, so I had to go MENG. Thought about getting Regal as my third for an all Islanders team, but a confidant suggested Yokozuna, and hey, he kinda ties my first two picks together, so why not. Plus, it's like Team Pacific Rim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
flashy_mcflash is on the clock.

• Locked thread