Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'd like to get it going now personally. Gotta see that bracket!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Post soon, why not?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Got caught up with life stuff, will post soon (likely tomorrow).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thauros posted:

No one from lucha at all, and lots of top puro HoFers like Misawa, Baba, Rikidozan, Hansen, Tanahashi and Mutoh were also skipped.

Should have taken Misawa, Kawada and Kobashi and just called it "You can totally have a heaven with just 3 pillars".

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Write-in vote for HUSTLE, Loyalty and Roidtech: Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Bob Sapp

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Voting: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3631411

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Insane Motherfuckers are taking a beating.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Will you be voting as well, Atticus?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

NowonSA posted:

Guess we'll see how picking a "serious" team fares against teams like Real Actual Murderers. If it's a conventional bracket that'll be my first opponent :ohdear:.

Atticus Finch posted:

Bracket will be random, not by order.

Atticus Finch posted:

Real Actual Murderers
(Chris Benoit, Akitoshi Saito, Verne Gagne)
vs
Giant Macho Punks
(CM Punk, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Andre the Giant)

IS THE FIX IN, ATTICUS?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Gavok posted:

Insane Motherfuckers are taking a beating.

So's my team. I figured the Stone Cold/Kurt Angle combo would be a bigger draw than it has been. Hard to argue against D-Bry/Nakamura though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How long is voting open for?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am disturbed by the neck and neck nature of team murderers

Just saying, maybe you should let the murderer's win

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

My team of Wannabe MMA guy, Coke-fueled monster and literal giant is not afraid of your murderers, sir!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

NowonSA posted:

IS THE FIX IN, ATTICUS?
I chuckled when that turned out to be your fate.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Will you be voting as well, Atticus?
Yes, likely tomorrow.

KungFu Grip posted:

How long is voting open for?
2 days.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Atticus Finch posted:

I chuckled when that turned out to be your fate.

ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Looking good so far though. I should have picked Cena, so I could Rise above Murder.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I'd known they wouldn't go, I'd have picked Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, and John Cena as team Then, Now, Forever.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
See, team Real Athletes is the safe bet because Ken Shamrock's mind will actually shut down when he tries to keep up with Muhammad Ali's furious footwork long enough to apply an Ankle Lock.

And poor Big Daddy Yum Yum will concuss the poo poo out of himself trying to sell a Kana kick. Big Daddy will obviously be no help until the heavy lifting's been done (so to speak), but he'll have no such luck, seeing as Big Daddy V will be stuck somewhere right outside the ring. To boot, Bruno Sammartino's lifted Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy will be no problem.

Both the Knee Slappers and the Justice team are full of technical masterminds, but Justice has a trick up its sleeve. You can always tell what a technical master is going to do, but nobody knows what the Texas Rattlesnake is going to do next. Austin beers, kicks, and stuns Nakamura after the match. Everyone in the front row will receive complimentary Inoki slaps, and the commentary table and ringside crew get triple.

Samoan Squat Team and Insane Motherfuckers will out-crazy and out-refuse-to-die one another until Warrior momentarily reaches cosmic enlightenment and explodes the ring.

There is no way that Saito can high-angle backdrop Andre, and any efforts to push Macho Man over will just result in more madness.

The Rainmakers' entrance will not end until well after Mr. Touchdown has left to go to a kegger, resulting in a disqualification.

Shawn Michaels was born under the zodiac sign of "cancer", so I doubt we're even gonna have time to determine which member of team Benoit Balls will start as the legal man before HBK is a red spot on the canvas.

Also I just like Mobster Lobsters more than Thekno Theam 3000.

I'm just reporting the facts, ladies and gents.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

LvK posted:

The Rainmakers' entrance will not end until well after Mr. Touchdown has left to go to a kegger, resulting in a disqualification.

Disqualification? No. It would just make it an even match against a trio where one of them isn't allowed to compete in the ring.

Basically, each side is handicapped one football player.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Punk is trying to cure Macho of the "Madness." It isn't going well so far, so I guess you'll just have to live with coked-up Macho Man promos :colbert:.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I have carefully simulated each result in my very professional match generator and have on good authority to say that Red, White, and Blue Justice will win the whole thing in the finals against Giant Macho Punks. There is no way that this is flawed or that I will have to run this simulation again.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

I have carefully simulated each result in my very professional match generator and have on good authority to say that Red, White, and Blue Justice will win the whole thing in the finals against Giant Macho Punks. There is no way that this is flawed or that I will have to run this simulation again.

#2 ain't bad. That said...

RUN IT AGAIN.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

KungFu Grip posted:

I agree, this is the soundest type of research and support the results wholeheartedly.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Wazzu posted:

For a little while I was thinking of not voting Shawn Michaels, then I remembered how fun that team would be.
THIS GUY GETS IT.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rock 'n' Jock 'n' Sock vs. Rainmakers and Benoit Balls vs. Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy are both incredibly close. While I obviously want RnJnS to advance, I want them to go up against Benoit Balls, just so we can get follow-up on this promo.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one closely following the vote count. I really hope I don't lose to actual murderers, that would be pretty depressing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

NowonSA posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one closely following the vote count. I really hope I don't lose to actual murderers, that would be pretty depressing.

Don't walk down any dark alleys :argh:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

NowonSA posted:

Not at all the only; I did a quick vote count at work earlier, and at the time I was 3 votes behind.

I'm sure that'll change, though, unless people want the cyber-stunners to fly :colbert:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
We need ONE MORE VOTE to break a tie between Rainmakers and Rock 'n' Jock 'n' Sock Connection.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, I knew we were close but I didn't think that close. Keep the rain pouring!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Sunsweet with the final vote.

ELITE EIGHT VOTING BEGINS NOW

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

So close....

Really though, I knew beating a team with Rock and Fimey would be tough, more surprised at a couple of the other results.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Don't walk down any dark alleys :argh:

Murderers: Conquered.

Thauros posted:

drat, I knew we were close but I didn't think that close. Keep the rain pouring!

I voted Rainmakers. Sorry Thauros :(.

Soon the Final Four will taste the Straightedge Madness. And also Andre.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just saying, you guys realize we have a chance to have an all-Samoan (plus Aja Kong) final, right?

Do it for da Rock

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

flashy_mcflash posted:

Just saying, you guys realize we have a chance to have an all-Samoan (plus Aja Kong) final, right?

Do it for da Rock

I AGREE WITH THIS ENTIRELY

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Murderers: Conquered.

I demand a recount

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can I just vote for RAM if I like them more than both teams in a matchup?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I hope Lobster Mobsters vs. Team MMA the last match at that venue because I'm pretty sure Lesnar vs. Meng would leave a giant, smoking crater.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gavok posted:

I hope Lobster Mobsters vs. Team MMA the last match at that venue because I'm pretty sure Lesnar vs. Meng would leave a giant, smoking crater.

Lesnar vs Aja Kong would have a similar effect, I think.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

LobsterMobster posted:

Lesnar vs Aja Kong would have a similar effect, I think.

That's why the Mobsters win. Aja Kong is the only one powerful enough to withstand the explosion created from the Brock/Meng impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
sigh...I guess I gotta redo my expert simulations in fire pro wrestling returns again.

• Locked thread