Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Febreeze posted:

Bradford wtf and Oooh yeeeaaah

Sad to have to vote against the bucs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Febreeze posted:

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Bucs ST and Bama kick

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

bhsman posted:

Bradford WTF and gently caress Bama

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Febreeze posted:

just the facts

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

bhsman posted:

Bradford WTF and gently caress Bama

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Bucs ST and Reid

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Febreeze posted:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bradford :confused: and Kool Andy

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Ok, unless like 25 people in vote for the others in a row, I am calling this one early. Bradford wtf and OHHHYEAAHHHHH!!! go to the Final Four.

Now, in the Final Four we are going to do something a little different. You can get up to three votes based on your arguments, creative input, etc. So vote and tell us why!

Now to make it really really hard on you guys:

(1)Brees neck:

vs.

(6)Bradford playbook:

AND

(2)Andy Reid Kool aid man:

vs.

(4) wheeze IRL:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy poo poo this is getting rough, I'm going to have to think about both matchups here.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bree's and Kool-aid

No thinking needed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bradford WTF because while photoshop made it look like the 49ers broke Drew Brees, Bradford is actually looking at the pre-snap and post-snap formations. So what you're looking at is Sam Bradford actually breaking from the 49ers' defense.

And Kool Aid Andy because Wheez IRL is an overrated gif, sorry nerds.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Brees Neck is a fantastic gif that has a bit of everything: an excellent football play and hard hit, plus some unexpected post-game image manipulation. Well composed, well executed.

weeze IRL captures everything that it is to be a Wazzou fan. It's "gently caress this gay earth" encapsulated in gif form. And so it represents all of us CFB posters.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Bradford flips through book
"Why are there only 5 yard curls?..."
"...gently caress Schottenheimer"

One has ecstacy
The other is agony
My vote is "OH YEAH!"

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 19, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Making it short and sweet for you.

Bradford and Kool Aid Monster

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
While Brees Neck is awesome, Bradford Playbook perfectly embodies the moment, and on a larger scale, the entire career of Scottenheimer.

Wheeze IRL is similarly a pure, unedited look at what it's like to be part of a lovely program, only this time from the perspective of a fan.

Both are football at their worst, at their best.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Bradford and Reid

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Coldforge posted:

While Brees Neck is awesome, Bradford Playbook perfectly embodies the moment, and on a larger scale, the entire career of Scottenheimer.

Wheeze IRL is similarly a pure, unedited look at what it's like to be part of a lovely program, only this time from the perspective of a fan.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Brees Neck is the perfect summation of the essential agony of the football fan. Caught between the conflicting desires to see awesome, hardhitting slobberknocking tackles and the gnawing knowledge that no matter how hard you try to ignore it, every hit that gives Phil Simms a boner has a real, live, breathing man behind it and you get to justify your desire to watch this awful, brutal sport in spite of that. Every time you see his neck stretch, every time you catch the postgame gag interview, it drills that little awful knowledge and despair in a little deeper; every time you see that hit, you invariably get fired up. It's an awful, self-reinforcing circle that you love to hate to love to

And ohhhh yeaaahhh! because lol, andy reid is fat

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Coldforge posted:

Couldn't put it better myself.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Spoeank posted:

Bradford WTF because while photoshop made it look like the 49ers broke Drew Brees, Bradford is actually looking at the pre-snap and post-snap formations. So what you're looking at is Sam Bradford actually breaking from the 49ers' defense.

My choices too. If, in the years to come, a something is needed to explain what being lost looks like to a QB, the Bradford Gif will forever fit the bill. It will be quotable for all time.

Oooah Yeah! is just cool.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Brees Neck starts out with the essence of football - a big hit. But the post game interview bit is my favorite. Post game interviews are always so dumb and so cliche (excepting Richard Sherman) that it's hilarious to see Brees giving his normal boring post-game soundbite but with the ridiculous long neck. The gif is remarkably well done, too - in the post-game, the adams apple moves well and the whole thing looks surprisingly real.

And kool-aid man busting through the wall is such a classic image that to see Andy Reid doing it is just a perfect homage. It's great to see the big guy so happy too!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Brees and Wheez

because it rhymes

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

This vote comes down to the nature of the simulacra that is a .gif to the actual sport of football. With both selections we are given a choice between a documentarian-like image of the sport as-it-exists, the framing of the image acting as commentary without being a direct manipulation, or a vehicle of outward expression being used to reach the platonic truth of the game we so love.

To the first vote, we are contrasting the brutal reality of a QB sack with the blase newsworthy-less sideline report, using the alteration to create an absurd commentary that these gladiators sacrificing their body are also calm, media-friendly personalities.
This contrasts with Bradford being confronted with the intellectual falsehood of the game- the chess-master image presented by the coaching staff that is turned into so much pulp once it reaches the reality of the field, and the protagonist shaking his head with disgust at his revelation. We are the Bradford, here. We know how futile this world really is.

Bradford

The second vote I have starts with the long, zoomed shot of a depressed cougar fan, alone, standing for all fans of hopeless teams in hopeless games, soaking in the wet half-popped snack that acts as his one escape from the larger investment of time and money and personal self-worth he has given to the field. We are that fan.
Contrast this with Andy, altering the image of pure joy from a coach winning with the later eighties meme of the Kool Aid man- big, red, happy to burst into the scene to await his adulation. While a fantastic addition to the scene, it merely expresses what is already known rather than revealing what we secretly hoped to never find out.

Coug in Rain

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Bree's and Kool-aid

No thinking needed.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bradford and Kool-Andy

Neck gif is dumb.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Spermy Smurf posted:

Bree's and Kool-aid

No thinking needed.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Coldforge posted:

I agree.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
To me the GIF of 2013 should be one that not only recalls an important event of the 2013 season, but a GIF that can be re-used for a variety of situations, hopefully for comedic effect. Both Brees Neck and Kool Aid Reid are absolutely amazing GIFs that probably surpass the initial impact of Bradford and Wheez, but while they win on first glance they do not have any staying power.

Bradford is a GIF that can keep on giving. Schottenheimer hosed up? Post Bradford. Dumb play by any player ever? Post Bradford. Roger Goodell is finally caught taking his rage against the poor out on a homeless black mother of 2? Wait for somebody with actual talent to photoshop the FBI seal onto Bradford's Binder. Bradford's Binder is so perfect as a GIF that it can help an unfunny poster make a joke. In fact, you're probably shaking your head at the annoying words Chiche just wasted time posting. You know who else is?

Yea, even a Chiche post can be kind of funny if Bradford has his 1000 yard chipmunk stare.

Wheez.gif has a similar power. It too can be used to make any situation more amusing. A player was found passed out in public with a BAC of .3? Post wheez.gif. You're watching the Browns vs. the Texans in a TNF game? Post wheez.gif. You've read several paragraphs of my writing?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I didn't think I could vote against Andy yet here we are

Bradford and wheez

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Gentlemen, I know I only recently became active in this fair forum, but in that short time I've felt a sense of community that is different from many other sports communities. What is it that binds so many different kinds of poster, what brings a D&D regular to break bread with a known jokeman? A shared experience, a shared realization that speaks to the very soul of humanity regardless of other interests.

Football is fuckin nuts.

This can take many forms. A man who murders someone and seems to legitimately not be aware that murder is a crime for a little bit. A team, multiple teams, so bad that watching them becomes an exercise in endurance rather than love. A superbowl where a man who on paper should be good figuratively pisses his chance for glory and his spot in history down his leg. Drew Breeze is a monster man with a neck that I'm pretty sure is mostly Flubber, but does he capture that common core that represents TFF so well? Sadly, though it breaks my cajun heart, I must say no.

No, only Bradford's Binder can do that. This is the image of a man who legitimately is lost, if you give him a shotgun and tell him he's now playing Doom he may believe you, because he sure as poo poo isn't 100% sure that football is happening anymore. He's been betrayed, as so many of us have by our teams, and in that short gif he desperately turns to technicals for support. How many of us have explained that ON PAPER we have an excellent team, that BY THE NUMBERS we should be doing better? That's what this poor son of a bitch is doing, desperately clinging to pure x's and o's to find some meaning and guidance as he realizes his coaches who he believed to have every angle of play plotted out actually seem to have no clue what they're doing. All he can do is stare into space, and shut the book, because reality has taken over, and he's going to keep getting loving murdered and nothing in that binder can stop it.

But beyond that, beyond the pain, there's a whimsy about things, and jesus christ Kool Aid Andy is just the funniest loving thing. It takes a moment of genuine, well earned, celebration and makes it funny.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Agony of Curls is a gif that speaks to everyone equally. Everything about the gif is knowable. Frustration, confusion, sweat, football, Kellen Clemons just kinda off to the side, we've all experienced these things. It also a nice package summary of the careers of both Sam Bradford and Brian Schottenheimer.

weez_irl.gif is different, because it speaks to a specific kind of people. It speaks to the fans of struggling teams. Take solace in the fact that, while Connor Halliday did just throw his requisite 3rd pick of the game, you still have popcorn.

And you loving love popcorn.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Brees and Kool-Aid

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

MrLogan posted:

Bradford and Reid

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
How much time do we have for this round? I'm sort of busy but if I can find some time I'd like to do something special for this vote

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alouicious posted:

The Agony of Curls

weez_irl.gif

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Spoeank posted:

Exactly my thoughts, Bradford and Andy.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Alouicious posted:

The Agony of Curls is a gif that speaks to everyone equally. Everything about the gif is knowable. Frustration, confusion, sweat, football, Kellen Clemons just kinda off to the side, we've all experienced these things. It also a nice package summary of the careers of both Sam Bradford and Brian Schottenheimer.

weez_irl.gif is different, because it speaks to a specific kind of people. It speaks to the fans of struggling teams. Take solace in the fact that, while Connor Halliday did just throw his requisite 3rd pick of the game, you still have popcorn.

And you loving love popcorn.

You and a few others have already nailed all the possible reasons why these two are The Best, so I'ma just quote this and be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Voting Bradford's Playbook because it's a pure look into a vision of "man I have no idea what I'm doing" from a starting NFL QB. Bree's neck needed to be altered in order to make it what it is.

Voting wheez_irl.gif because nothing pleases me more than seeing the agony of a Cougar fan.

• Locked thread