Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
[quote="" post="429815014"]
Bradford
Wheeze IRL
[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Spoeank posted:

Wheez IRL is an overrated gif, sorry nerds.

Wow look how wrong this is

Bask in the wrongness

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Intruder posted:

Bradford and wheez

Wheeze is a gif that transcends football, it is a gif that anyone can look at an be brought to tears. It is the absolute pinnacle of a guy doing something so absurd you have to pause and appreciate what led to this moment of perfection.

Also the andy reid gif is way overrated, like I could add in a brick wall to any team's coach after a win and produce the same gif.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

turbomoose posted:

Also the andy reid gif is way overrated, like I could add in a brick wall to any team's coach after a win and produce the same gif.

Too far in the opposite direction. Either that or you don't get the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6xC8KM-jk

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Intruder posted:

Too far in the opposite direction. Either that or you don't get the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6xC8KM-jk

I mean I get the koolaid reference. It's just that a fat guy wearing red bursting through a wall doesn't do anything for me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

turbomoose posted:

I mean I get the koolaid reference. It's just that a fat guy wearing red bursting through a wall doesn't do anything for me.

I don't.... I have no response to this

To each his own I suppose :shobon:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Intruder posted:

I don't.... I have no response to this

To each his own I suppose :shobon:

no, I agree with turbomoose. I haven't been able to understand why it kept winning.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Brees Neck

Because c'mon. The way his neck stretches should not be possible.

Chichevache posted:

You're watching the Browns? Post wheez.gif.

Enough said.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Brees neck and Andy Reid

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4sTPRZCRRY

There's a feeling everyone who has a college football team knows – a feeling of aching disappointment, of things that could have been but weren't. Some feel it more sharply, some more frequently of others. Programs rise and fall, as is the nature of the sport. There are powerhouse teams that remain relevant seemingly forever, but even Texas and Florida have their stretches of abject failure. There's comfort in knowing your program has a history and in recognizing the cyclical nature of competitiveness. That sharp pain of a stinging, surprise loss – that horrible gut-wrenching pain of being cast out of greatness, however temporary – that pain is tempered by this recognition.

For many of us though, success for our team has been illusive: only earned by mistake, a timeline of horrors punctuated with victory just often enough to keep a pilot light of hope burning. You can't have disappointment without that hope. You get numb to it, yes, but never so numb that you don't still feel the sting of a bad loss. Being ground down over worthless decades may be a more blunt pain less acutely felt, but the real hurt lies in the knowledge that things won't get better.

Oh, our wonderful quarterback, have you seen him play? How beautifully he throws the ball! He's a natural, he's going places, surely he'll be drafted high, he'll be a franchise QB for his career!

Then that dream has a public meltdown that humiliates your school for a generation in the memories of those who witness it. That dream gets arrested for serial burglary of drugs and sent to jail in Texas after busting so big that his name will be synonymous with the word forever.

But humiliation is something that can be withstood. It sucks, sure, but you know it doesn't really mean anything. There's next year, a new class, new players, and no real reason to dwell on it. But after so many years of fortune refusing to change, you finally realize: Ryan Leaf wasn't just the quarterback we had. He was the quarterback we deserved.

And in that moment, watching Halliday throw into triple coverage, when you realize that you'd rather have that generational embarrassment back than watch what's happening in front of you? That's when you let it wash over you and come to terms with the infinite sadness of Wazzu football. gently caress it; I'm eating popcorn.

Brees and Wheez

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 20, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
And the dark horses win! The final will be Bradford vs. wheeze IRL.

(6)Bradford playbook:

vs.

(4) wheeze IRL:

If you want, you can toss in a vote for 3rd place between Brees Neck and Andy Reid Kool-Aid man. In fact lets do that and call it the best edited .gif of the year. Maybe next year depending on the entries we can stratify brackets better like that.

Best edited .gif:

(2)Andy Reid Kool aid man:

vs.

(1)Brees neck:

Again, with more eloquence comes more points.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The two gif finalists capture the worst moments of every football season. Moments that fans of 98% of fans and players in either of the two leagues will go through at some point during the season.

The Agony of Curls tells us, from a players perspective, what it's like when nothing is going to work. Short curl right? No luck. Mid curl left? Not going to happen. How do we beat these guys? There is no way.

Wheeze IRL, on the other hand, is the everyman. Any given weekend, how many of us just wanted to stop watching and cover ourselves in popcorn? I know I do. I have a cupboard full of microwave popcorn, ready for its appointment for my face at the slightest sign of trouble.

Wheeze IRL is my vote because we are fans and it is us.

Brees neck is my 2nd vote for one reason: the entire brick wall comes down in Andy Reid's gif and doesn't leave the satisfying hole that the kool-aid man leaves.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Nothing fits TFF like Wheeze irl. I love bradford, but Wheeze...that gif is just TFF man.

Also, Brees neck is far superior. When Andy Reid did his run, it was only a matter of time before we got a kool-aid man gif, because everyone saw it coming. That, and the way the gif is framed really takes away a lot of the fun of watching him smash the wall, you can barely see it happen.

But Brees Neck...it's art. Everyone laughed when they saw the replay of the sack..but someone went ahead and took it to a whole new level, something that none of us ever expected and gave us something super league.

Also, as a man who occasionally makes edited gifs for the internet, I think Brees Neck was the harder of the two to make so I have more appreciation for it. That's a lot of clone stamp effort to make it look so smooth, easy thing to gently caress up.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Febreeze posted:

Nothing fits TFF like Wheeze irl. I love bradford, but Wheeze...that gif is just TFF man.

Basically stole my words :argh:

And voting for Kool-Aid Man because honestly Brees Neck does nothing for me. It'd be better without the 2nd part.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
wheez and Brees

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Bradford is the best gif of the bunch hands down. While Wheeze IRL shows the TFF fan after hope is lost. Wheeze IRL is Fireman Ed after he gave up. We can't vote for a gif based on one of our posters giving up completely when his team won the superbowl that very season.

TFF is about hope. We get excited when the Chargers don't let down SA2k ROSSMYSALAD. We enjoy when Tebow mania gives a terrible team hope to do hilarious things despite being terrible. We enjoy when Riverboat Ron makes his complete turn around. We love those moments, and that's why we all post.

Bradford.gif explempifies that hope. Our team is down by 17, it's 8 minutes left in the game but it's still a chance that something crazy might happen. We look through page after page of box scores thinking, "Why won't Coach tell the recievers to run go routes. No one will expect it." "Robert Woods is open every play and he's a gamebreaker, by no one else knows it!" "Our QB is gonna get hurt and a McCown brother is gonna right this ship!" "Blaine Gabbert will be so different that the Seahawks secondary will be confused at the inaccurate balls!" "Maybe there will be a SECOND buttfumble!"

That's why we post. That's why we deal with unfunny posters (myself included), to look through page after page of GDT hoping for something insightful. But sometimes, you just have to accept your cards. You gotta accept that Trent Richardson isn't gonna explode for 200 yards in the 4th quarter to create an epic comeback. :romo: is going to throw that interception because he can't depend on his defense. RG3 isn't going to gain 50 lbs and not be hurt for 1/2 the season. And then we throw our hands up and say gently caress it. In just moment we are all Sam Bradford. Every last one of us has been Sammy B last season, embrace it.

Koolaid man this gif represents those few posts that actually attain the proper level of hilarity for a board that's based on an Internet comedy website. It is the representation of TFF if we got rid of all the poo poo posts and only left the Farthouse.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

bhsman posted:

wheez and Brees

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bradford and Ohhh Yeahhhh

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

bhsman posted:

wheez and Brees

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Bradford and Ohhh Yeahhhh

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This is gif of the year, as such it probably should have something to do with actually football. Bradford's Playbook is timeless and encapsulates the season. It deserves Gif of the Year.

Wheez is a reaction gif.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Here's why wheez.gif grew on me:

At first, I just dismissed it as, "Okay, forum meta-humor," but as the rounds went on, it evolved into something more. Maybe my eyes saw past that Cougs logo and focused on the commonality between me and this subject. A man who's the only one left. A man who's braving the elements that everyone else cowered away from. A man flinging popcorn down his mouth who looks up in the sky and thinks, "What do we have to do to win?" Yes, I know that feeling well, even if it was in Lawrence and not Pullman, it was a beautifully temperate night, and I left before the Fourth Quarter started because, gently caress it, this team hasn't gotten a first down all day. But yeah, I know that feeling. And really, it's the distillation of football fandom. Not the facepain and the hollering and the ESPN anchors urging you to yell in the camera. No, it's sitting in the rain, chowing on popcorn, knowing the team you root for is trash.

And for the runner-up, Oh Yeah! because I still just can't get into the Brees one.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

wheez. Bemused, hilarious despair over the collective failure of your favorite tights-wearing concussion givers is what TFF is all about.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Anals of History posted:

wheez. Bemused, hilarious despair over the collective failure of your favorite tights-wearing concussion givers is what TFF is all about.

And utter bewilderment about what the hell your team's coaching staff is thinking isn't? :shobon:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

My vote for final TFF14.gif has to be wheez_irl.gif because, as much as I love the Agony of Curls, wheez_irl.gif is a perfect representation of any given GDT after a certain point.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

:siren::siren: CONTEST UPDATE!!!:siren::siren:

If things go according to plan there will be a celebrity vote for the TFF .gif of the year tomorrow! It might not come until late though!

The real question is: how many points should said celebrity vote get?

edit: The celebrity in question knows sports quite well.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

swickles posted:

If things go according to plan there will be a celebrity vote for the TFF .gif of the year tomorrow! It might not come until late though!

0.5 votes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Is this a real celebrity or a forum celebrity? For the former I say they get the same points as everyone else so that they remember that we are all equals, for the latter I say 0 because you betrayed me BigBobPataki/Toasterbeef. :qq: I loved you.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much is this celebrity Skip Bayless?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

And utter bewilderment about what the hell your team's coaching staff is thinking isn't? :shobon:

You're absolutely right. The Coug fan one just covers so much more ground because it isn't just "What the gently caress is my team doing?" It's:

Why are we losing?
Why are we always losing?
Why am I so helpless?
Why am I even here?
Why am I cold?
Why am I alone?

And, in the face of all of it, to just say gently caress it and find some small amount of solace through amusement while the clock ticks down to a certain end.

Wheez.gif is existence.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

bhsman posted:

wheez and Brees

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Intruder posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much is this celebrity Skip Bayless?

It is not Skip Bayless. If anything its an anti-Skip persona.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

It is not Skip Bayless. If anything its an anti-Skip persona.

Mark Cuban??????

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm gonna ride Bradford WTF into the ground.

He's reading pages of printouts supporting Wheez IRL.

Also if it's better photoshop I'm going with Brees Neck.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I'm gonna ride Bradford WTF into the ground.

He's reading pages of printouts supporting Wheez IRL.

Also if it's better photoshop I'm going with Brees Neck.

This right here.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Bradford

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
wheez irl for gif of the year and Brees Neck for best edit.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Bradford and Brees

Not really all that hyped up about either the Bradford or the wheez pics.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Wheez and Reid for me. Is the celebrity an athlete or an internet celebrity? If the latter I'd guess it's someone like Spencer Hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

b0ng posted:

Bradford and Brees

Not really all that hyped up about either the Bradford or the wheez pics.

Yeah

• Locked thread