Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

can someone help me?I feel like the solution to this is going to be something really obvious and dumb

I have 3 oil pumps sending crude to 1 refinery sending oil to 3 plants making plastic. All of a sudden production seems to have dropped off. Everything seems to be fully electrically powered. The fuel in the pipes seems really low though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I found this funny

quote:

Factorio has certain themes around the engineer's impact on the world. There was something that felt really out of character for the engineer to collect and effectively 'clean up' trash from a planetary dump.

like its always been the obvious subtext that the engineer is a walking environmental disaster but its interesting to see that the devs consider it so baked into the theme of the game that they were hesitant to make a planet that actually got better as a result of his industrialisation.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I fell into a Factorio binge a few weeks ago but the more I read about 2.0 and space age it kinda kills my desire to get back into it knowing that I'm gonna be optimising stuff that immediately become obsolete when it releases.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I actually don't really get it. Part of what makes games memorable is the music, and being able to hear it later and remember the game. I frequently put on soundtracks to games like Chrono Trigger, FF7, VVVVVV, etc because the music is so good and reminds me of those games. When I'm watching Factorio or minecraft streams/vods that keep the default music it's a fun connection to know I've listened to those exact tracks for hours on end as well.

I'm sure the dynamic music will be good and cool but I vastly prefer to have fixed tracks that take up permanent residence in my brain. I just did a run through Terraria again and that overworld music was like coming home.

Assuming each track has distinctive themes it would still be memorable. It's like how a movie soundtrack has themes for certain stuff but ideally remixes them rather than just hits play on the exact same track repeatedly.

Also I see why they didnt go for combat music because combat in factorio isnt usually a drawn out pulse pounding thing. Biters regularly run up and eat your stuff/get killed and then when you do die it's usually very sudden when one sneaks through.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 22, 2024