Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Started playing this, good game, quick question: will the bugs ignore my powerlines and railroad tracks? They seem to destroy the turrets I've got set up along it but ignore the other two. And seeing as I'm setting the turrets up to protect them...

Playing stable if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I don't need a turret at every power line is what I'm hearing. Thanks!

Also, reading back through the thread and seeing y'alls discussion I guess I can speak up as a new player. I got through the stable oil stuff fine after I finally figured out what was important and that I didn't need to just keep attaching more storage tanks. Finally just started removing and deleting heavy oil tanks to get rid of it, lol

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 18, 2019

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

GotLag posted:

Should a train stop at this signal?
Yes: regular signal
No: the signal before should be a chain signal
This has been the simplest way I've heard it put and I now understand it, thanks

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im poor, if i don't get an hour of entertainment per dollar, than i feel cheated. not that factorio hasn't surpassed that, but i understand the whole "i can't just be dropping 30 on a maybe" mindset

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
not the biggest player, only got several hundred hours in, but i still have to look up train guides every time

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
yeah, this is why trains are pains

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im now picturing a ring of four seperate rails around your base as defense

how fast and how much mass per train would be needed?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i love it

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
just found this animated fanart and i ain't checking the last six months to see if it's been posted before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gvAeZDiLG8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gadzuko posted:

Did you get to fight them with flamethrowers though? That seems like it would be pretty cathartic.

Alkydere posted:

Were you allowed to use flamethrowers on an industrial scale with no care for (and perhaps instead active malice) for your neighbors?

family has been keeping it encroaching for years by waiting till it dries in winter then torching that poo poo

doesn't kill it for good but keeps it claiming further land