Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand

UberJumper posted:

Is there a way to restart a freeplay map?

I saw a post about this on the forum the other day and the dev posted this:

"If you have the save, you can take the level-init.dat out of the savegame, rename it to blueprint.dat and put it under some name (directory) into the scenarios directory. You should be able than to play that as scenario."

I haven't tried it personally. I'm glad to see this game is still attracting new people because it's probably the best sandbox game I've ever played and it's come a long way since I got it ages ago. Should make the devs rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand

milward posted:

At least now I know how to get red and green beakers flowing . Now I just have to remember to reload the turrets and not just repair them. :eng101:
The beauty of this game is that you can set up an ammo production line and automatically reload turrets in about 50 different ways.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I've got this creepy feeling splitters eat stuff but I can't be bothered to test it.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Does anyone else think it's odd that there are no switches in this game? I wish I could switch sections off the factory off at certain times but I can't think of a way of doing that without manually removing things or turning them the wrong way.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I'm sure I'm not the first person to wish that these devs would marry or otherwise bond with Rimworld Man and produce a litter of gears and human innards with a factory setting for cyborg armies.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
There is no need to restart to go into passive mode. You can change modes in game with console commands (you'll have to look them up... on a phone right now)

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I'm finding it impossible to set up double headed trains in the new version. It doesn't seem to matter which side the stations are on, I always get a 'no path' after pulling in to one end. I'm 100% sure I'm being an idiot so could anyone please give a short explanation/diagram? Cheers

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand

Zetsubou-san posted:

are you sure your heads are facing the right way?
what do you mean by "pulling in", driving into the station manually?
are there any one-way signals before the station?

I'm away from the pc right now but by pulling in I mean it'll travel to one station or end fine then can't path back. There are no signals yet at all. I'll check later and post a screen or something. I was wonderingif there was an obvious gotcha that everyone missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I've come back to the game after a long time and I've got a factory going where I've worked through almost all the tech tree but my factory is a freaking mess and I want to start afresh but with all my research intact. I know I could just destroy everything but was wondering if there's any way I could save or export my tech tree to a new map. Cheers!