Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I picked this up the other day and what little I have played has been a blast. Although I dont know how to finish the first train mission. I have produced all the required items but I can't hold them all at once. The objective says in broken english that you can use your car inventory but that's not working for me.

Ive killed all the enemies on the map and am stuck. I might just ignore it and generate a new map next time I play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yes I think their plan is to make an actual tech tree showing you how you can progress, not just a research screen.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Joda posted:

Picked this game up after my inner sperg got annoyed over watching Sips being exceedingly inefficient at running his base.

THis is what got me to buy it too after he had made 2 episodes. I knew of the game before from this thread and another video and well, he is terrible at the basics of games. I mean, I still watch his videos sometimes because they can be amusing but stuff like Prison Architect, read the tooltips! you are playing the game all wrong.

Anyway, his videos seem to be helping the game a bit because I've seen a few people on these and other forums talking about it now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Hagop posted:

Any one good with train logic? I would like to unfuck this situation using the rail signals. So that I don't have to rebuild anything, but I can't seem to figure the things out.

*edit: Now with travel directions.

I'd just get rid of the loops and make double ended trains vOv far more compact.

Edit: Unless you are making this layout to run multiple trains per line (can you even do that?)

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 20, 2014

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I haven't played in a bit over a year. Is the multiplayer just 2 player co-op or can you have more players in the current build?

I'll probably get back into it a bit after seeing the additions and new graphics for some items. That space tileset he teased looks awesome.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That level crossing in the friday facts is great

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The train is just the right touch of Mad Max. Although I'll miss the old design too.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

DmitriX posted:

Well, since 0.13 ain't happenin for a while i restarted my server in a new game. It already has a bit of infra setup from the get-go to avoid that whole mining phase.
The details can be found right in the nearby forum
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777542

No bobmods this time round so it's mostly vanilla with helpers.

Neat!

"Version mismatch, you are running 12.33 server is running 12.35"

Oh.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Loader is now a crane? That'd be cool.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
QoL improvements will make this a glorious patch to play for the next few months.

That change list is great.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Not my gif, but I'm excited for flamethrower turrets now. Just about ready to research flammables.
https://gfycat.com/PessimisticQuarterlyBird

drunkill fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 28, 2016

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sad that the cooling towers got cut. Sure there are/will always be mods but it isn't the same.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Some good Tiberium right there.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Map overlays/filters, map markers and other stuff in the new blog. All quality of life improvements.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No but I go read the Friday factorio blog thinking I've missed one.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They're fixing that somewhat. New biomes/tilesets/assets will add some colour to the landscape and they're redoing assets for higher resolution which should change the aesthetic and colour palette a bit going into the future.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

androo posted:

The closed alpha for Satisfactory just went live. I've got limited time to play it, and the alpha only allows the lower tiers of tech research, but I'm hoping it proves a worthy competitor.

Some footage: https://youtu.be/tNGVu7iu-Ik

Factorio still seems like the game for me although that does look pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Elon tweeting about factorio, hope the devs get some sales at least