Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Filthy Monkey posted:

It is weird that after playing this for a few days, this is now the game I am most excited about seeing updates for. The game just scratches some sort of itch for order that I have.

One thing I hope they add are varied goals, and more campaign missions. I think the biggest danger is that each game becomes too samey. Get your red science up, then your green science, then your blue science. Once you know how to do it, you know how to do it. Some campaign missions similar to what is done in tropico would be fun, with unique events and goals.

I wouldn't mind seeing more varied planets and enemies either.

Yeah, I'd like to see more more resources and difference between planet in addition to a bigger tech tree so you'll have to use different paths depending on how it generates. RTS-mode for sandbox play would also be great, most of the fun for me currently is building enormous production chains not replenishing turret ammo or walking around buildings :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

EvilMike posted:

Is there any reason to actually do this?

Not really, your factory must be a real clusterfuck if you can't make things work with underground pipes.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Well they're not wrong. Sweet sweet candied autism

Considering how dumb some steam tags are, I'm surprised factorio isn't autism tagged. Yet.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I've always thought the best fit for combat in factorio would be some kind of tower defense.

Launching a rocket gets you one shot at a tower defense map, your factory makes the towers. Scaling difficulty that gets harder the longer you survive, rewards could be something like unique mods or buildings or consumables that boost production or renew/spawn resources.

E: higher level maps could cost more to launch into and towers would be more expensive in some way to give bigger factories a meaning.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 29, 2016

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Are there any mods to make stuff like balancing across multiple belts less of a pain in the rear end?