Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
This game is awesome, just picked it up today. Completely enthralled. Only regret is I wish I heard about it later so I could have played the complete game because I know I'm going to get burned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

This is going to sell like Starbound and Terraria. It's going to be huge. It's really good they didn't put this on early access too early.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Because when it does finally come to steam it will be a complete game which will drive the sales.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I think it would be neat if radar UNLOCKED chunks of the map so you had to have radar in order to expand the map. Or maybe have that as an option or a mod or something.

edit: wait is that how it works now? I haven't really ran far away from my base yet

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Foehammer posted:

Ah, I don't think I had access to the long handed inserters in the earlier missions, so I forgot about them. That will work!

You definitely don't need them, use the method on the right. Arranging 2 inputs on different sides of the belt is part of the fun! The inserter can take from both sides but only outputs to the far side.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Foehammer posted:

It'll just pull in the appropriate resource from either side of the belt as needed?

Yup

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Step 3: get this mod: http://www.factorioforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2185

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I'm trying to get this running on my laptop and for some reason the game launches but it's minimized and won't maximize. I'm able to see that it's launched from the preview when I hover over it on my taskbar. Anyone know wtf is going on?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Anyone know why I'm unable to pull the update? Tried checking for update with experimental checked and without. Says no new updates available.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ak Gara posted:

No one will probably get this.

WTFMAN?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I'm excited for the UI redesign. The current one is ~fine~ but a good UI would make this game a little more marketable (eventhough they have 250k+ copies sold but still).

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

How do I fix this?

I just got back into this, still getting my bearings

edit: Aww poo poo when I alt tabbed it turned off the overlays, eh I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

This is what I'm using at the moment, adds a bunch of MK2/MK3 stuff as well as some QoL features and another end-game goal, the Ion Cannon:

http://www.garfu.net/factorioMods.zip

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

So I added a couple mods that have research that was already completed so I don't seem to have access to the stuff it unlocked. Is there any way to reload stuff I've already researched or something? Or do I have to start a new map?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah, found it:

game.player.force.technologies["logistics"].researched = true

etc.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

:science:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Anyone have an idea why my bots aren't using my charging pads from Bob's mod? I've tried a ubnch of different things, like using Bob's robo ports only, not using roboports at all and only using those storage chests, several other stuff. They are connected to the network via the yellow lines and within the range yada yada.

Here's an offcenter gif:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Garfu posted:

Anyone have an idea why my bots aren't using my charging pads from Bob's mod? I've tried a ubnch of different things, like using Bob's robo ports only, not using roboports at all and only using those storage chests, several other stuff. They are connected to the network via the yellow lines and within the range yada yada.

Here's an offcenter gif:

Figured it out. Bots only recharge at pads if they need a recharge during a task. They always sit and wait at the port if they are done with their task and ready to go home.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Welp I can launch 2 rockets now every minute or so. I guess I'm done.

For some reason there was no rockets launches counter though, even though I always put satellites in my rockets.

The end game gets pretty crazy with Bob's modules and those god modules. I had 2 rocket silos full of god modules and the components being build in the highest assembler with god modules. Went pretty fast.

Glad to be done, this wasn't healthy. Twice as long as my Rimworld binge.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 9, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Anyone know why the counter for the rockets doesn't display for me? Or why the victory screen never came up?

I'm using these mods:

edit: I always send up a satellite (or ion cannon)

Garfu fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 9, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Garfu posted:

Anyone know why the counter for the rockets doesn't display for me? Or why the victory screen never came up?

I'm using these mods:

edit: I always send up a satellite (or ion cannon)

Figured this out. I'm playing on a custom scenario. To get it to work you just need to copy over the control.lua from the freeplay scenario, next rocket launch it worked.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

This is what I use them for, for the most part:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Anyone have experience using the marathon mod + Bob's? I'm able to get it loading fine, but when I disable specific modules from Bob's, it no longer loads, and crashed the game. The thread on the official forums says you can use whatever activated mods you would like, but it still crashed for me. I figured I'd ask here before posting in the official thread.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

This came out really well I think:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Are transport drones a train replacement, or just something different to try out? I'm just getting started in a heavily modded K2+SE run and am getting to the point where I need to decide what to use for longer range transport.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Cool, sounds like a fun bus alternative. Perfect timing cause I was about to start planning out my bus! I think I'd still bus plates and whatnot but then depot the intermediates.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Loving my very early transport drone base so far. It's a nice change from the bus

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

KillHour posted:

That mod pack's graphics reminds me of an old RTS. In a good way.

Yeah it's a K2+SE+70 others pack that I put together. Has been awesome

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I hosted that K2+SE+70 other mods modpack I mentioned earlier just fine with one other person. There's too much poo poo tho so we went our separate ways in single player. Only 188 hours of Factorio in the past 2 weeks... granted a lot of that is afk with a 1 year old running around.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I'm about 50 hours into my K2+SE game and loving it so far. Mostly agree with Phobeste, but a lot of the annoyances are disablable via settings. I've made it to space and am 2 of the new resources away from collecting them all, so I'm established on 3 other planets as well. I've just now completed the first level of one of the 5 space sciences mentioned. I spent 2 hours last night putting together the puzzle of material science 1 on my space platform... it was awesome. I'll be able to post some pics a little later but all in all it's been an awesome experience. I just have to decide now if I want to commit to the finish. It's probably going to be another 200 hours of puzzles...

edit: I've also edited some stuff on my end to smooth out the experience a little, like allowing beacons in space.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 6, 2020

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

If Bobs+Angels isn't your fancy I'd really suggest trying Krastorio2+SE or Krastorio2 by itself with other QoL mods. Instead of incredibly annoying and complicated it's just WAY MORE of the fun chain setups. There are still some complicated and spaghetti-like setups needed but a lot of that is from Space Exploration in the mid to end-game, so cut that out if you want a more smooth vanilla like experience.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Xaris posted:

Thanks. I was going to checkout SE but I'll look at Krastorios2. It looks pretty neat from what I can see, a solid overhaul without grognardy annoying complication and just extra steps for the hell of it. What QoL mods do you recommend?

SE says it's not compatible with RSO, is that correct?

Here's what I used for my K2+SE playthrough but you definitely don't need all of these, and I had a couple disabled, like infinite fuel.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Hey space exploration is pretty great but I could do without the early game engine bullshit and mandatory Advanced Autonomous Industries integration. I guess other people could too, as there was a mod that is no longer updated that added the vanilla recipes back to the early game. I'm still playing and enjoying it but ehhh...

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah I played through K2SE last year and decided to update everything and go again sans Krastorio. I think I'm liking it a little more.

Also playing heavily into recursive factorissimo.

edit: and transport drones!

Garfu fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ugh why do I have this urge to start over my SE game with K2 24 hours in.

edit: doin it

Garfu fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 3, 2021