Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

I decided to jump into k2 instead of scale.my vanilla base and have enjoyed the first two hours or so of gameplay, but man setting up the mall there's a ton of intermediate products to keep track of, even just plates/beams/sticks means I have stuff all over the place. Normally I bus anything more dense than plates, so I guess I'd belt iron beams but not sticks?

It's fun figuring out all the new recipes and production chains and I'm not even to green circuits yet!

I went the same route a few few days back. There's a lot I love about K2 so far about 50 hours in and finally starting to set my Real Base up, but drat automation cores and such were absolutely frying my brain at points.

This was my attempt to design a mall for K2, a few versions behind (I had added a bunch of stuff like concrete, nuclear items, tier 2 miners, etc) before I finally unlocked the extra logistics chests. Not pictured here is a second "mall" mixed in with all my tech card production where a lot of higher tier buildings and other bits were being made in a spaghetti horror, instead pictured here:

Since then, I've made a shiny bot mall on the west side where I'm slowly putting together a massive rail network to actually be more modular for once. The mall in the first picture has since been torn down because it offended me so.

I love modded Factorio. :shepface: Can't wait to eventually dive into something goofy like Angel/Bobs, or SE with K2 included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

I beat Krastorio 2. :toot: Yeah it was a lot of hours but I spent a lot of time just messing around and just enjoying my creations and letting buffers build up whenever I made a new thing. Also a lot of time fixing small things here and there. :shepface:

My full base. I tried going for a more modular design for once since I've never really attempted it, to uh, varying success. Didn't try city blocks cause that looks a little boring. My big goals was to use a lot more trains, specifically 1-2-1 trains. By the end I was getting run over every thirty minutes or so since they were all nuclear trains loaded up with engines and tesla charge, which was funny. By the end I was making about roughly 500SPM out of this? When it all was flowing, at least.

One thing I've learned is that LTN can be a massive pain in the rear end if you mess one thing up. For example, despite feeling like I wired everything up properly at one specific plastic drop off, a train would constantly try to go to that drop off as a temporary spot, then sit there and clog up the spot until it timed out to do its normal route.

Overall, I really loved this mod. Things were fresh enough to tickle my brain every step as I thought about new designs. Everything past the rocket launch was especially fun to figure out! Only things that were a pain were dealing with creep(until I got the virus), purple cards using uranium was a bit weird. That entire card was weird enough that coming up with a design was hard. I ended up just gunning to the end eventually since I started going into a production death spiral with some of the later recipes plus me not planning out my oil distribution properly, and fixing them all would probably require going mega base scale.

Now, what to do next? I was thinking either Space Ex, Seablock, or BobAngels with SpaceX/Circuit, so I guess, Seablock without the Seablock part, so I can learn them a bit.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's amazing.

That said, I decided to indeed go for a BobAngel run, but I took the seablock pack, removed seablock, and added the other two major angel mods for maximum sanity drain. It's been extremely fun, if EXTREMELY confusing so far. Already once I've torn down my entire crush/sort/smelt array to make a bit more sense for flow and probably gonna have to do it again once I make some cliff explosives and trains. 30 hours in and I've finally got my green circuit array up. :toot: Got BEANS going as power too and ended up stealing Dosh's early tile-able design after banging my head trying to come up with one myself. Slowly working towards being able to properly dispose of all this slag/crushed stone I'm building up and am not turning directly into stone/bricks. Also, adjustable inserters are SO degenerate and LOVE them and will probably always use em in future runs.

Speaking of Dosh designs though, how do you set up that warehouse mall exactly? I've never delved THAT much into circuits used like that and would like to learn. I'm to the point where I wanna phase white belts out completely but handcrafting undergrounds/splitters en-masse takes forever, so I wanna set up a mall now that I got green chips.

Hell, in general I wanna learn more advanced circuit stuff but I feel it's real hard to find a good resource to learn em to do stuff like the warehouse mall or other goofy-yet-practical applications, and it'll be useful for whenever I eventually do Space-Ex. Or maybe I just suck at finding them? :shobon:

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Bhodi posted:

blueprint

Thanks! I'll study it closely, and use it. :)

Using combinators for train stations is also something I'm curious about too, since I've seen them next to stations but never know what they're doing exactly.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Took a bit of a break due to irl stuff, but continued my bob/angels run with a few extras(basically, everything in the Seablock pack minus seablock itself, plus the angels stuff not included in it), and god drat this modpack continues to be a doozy. At 91 hours, I finally put together plastic.

Probably not the best design, but functional until I make my Real Base in another 100 hours. loving petrochemicles.

Shot of the entire base so far. Just need to make liquid resin and I can FINALLY make red circuits. The amount of industry this modpack needs is loving insane. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Finally got red circuits going in my bob/angels with this abomination. What a loving chore this was to set up for 36 a minute. :shepface: I've no clue how I'm going to set this poo poo up for scale for a whole belt or two's worth considering to even get a yellow belt saturated I would need like, 100x the buildings.

Onward to working towards getting oils setup so I can work on blue science!