Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
A friend-tip for laboratories is to have boxes to collect excess science fluid and have your labs feed from the boxes as needed, this way you don't wind up with belts full of science fluid with nowhere to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I build my factories with highly efficient moduals spread out over massive distance linked by conveyer belts and trains and junk.

Its way easier to stick new junk on, or take it off. Plus you can totally wipe out one whole area and rebuild it more efficiently since everything is coming in one end and being pooped out the other.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I loving LOVE LOGISTICS ROBOTS

There's just something about using them in the process of making more logistics robots that makes me all :3:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

What I really want is a cloning facility that would allow me to give mass produced guns to my mass produced soldiers and have them fight my enemies in a glorious wave of identical copies of me! :black101:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

VenusInFurries posted:

What's to stop you from having those clones of yours make... more factories?

Its too much of a nightmare to code probably. :eng99:

Seriously though I had this thought out, Cloning facilities would require like 20 science packs 1 2 and 3 per clone as well as a processing unit or something (gotta keep those clones docile and obedient somehow after all!) clones would be encased in pods for shipping out to your Barracks which are like robo-ports for clones. Barracks also accept guns, armor and ammunition, so say you have 64 clones staffing a barracks you're going to need 64 SMGs and 640 magazines (at ten clips per clone)

The player would have to have some means of ordering clones about (or better yet, preprogramming them! Automatically!) and they would also leave the barracks automatically to fight if stuff started getting broken in their detection radius.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 23, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I wish you could plant new trees and automatically harvest them somehow.

That way you could go green AND stay black!

And get vengeance.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 23, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Do they have a mod for hoppers you can attach to the end of your conveyer belts and feed everything coming in into a chest or container as fast as it comes?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

Yes, it's called "use more inserters".

Snark aside, if your belt is so full that one fast inserter isn't enough, you're going to fill up even a steel chest pretty drat quick. There is a mod that provides a very fast inserter ("more inserters"), but you'll probably still need to stack them. The exact thing you're after, where a belt dumps directly into a chest with no upper speed limit, does not exist.

Than it should exist!

Awesome for trains and stuff and really putting the 'mass' in mass production.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I basically rush drones asap. Its an investment at first but than when you wanna construct something but don't wanna set up a whole production line you set up a real simple system of requesters assemblers and providers in your 'droneyard', plop down some plans and just auto-build an entire loving solar-field with minimal supervision.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Question, My oil rigs are pulling the oil out of the dirt TOO SLOW I want them to pull it out SO FAST how do I make faster how make faster?

In fact all my liquid production in general is slow except water... it glurges through the pipes real slow.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 26, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Its none of that stuff, I guess my oil fields are just too small compared to the amount of refineries feeding off them. I assume you only need one refinery for a medium oil field.

I have like, five maybe six puddles with extractors on them feeding to two refineries which each feed several chemical plants but the production is slow because the oil isn't filling faster than the refineries can burn it all.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 26, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

Try adding an electric pump on each end of your pipeline to keep pressure on your refineries high?

aw man...

Electric pumps require electric engines which require batteries which requ:tizzy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Landmines are also nice if you're rocking bots as well.