Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Ciaphas posted:

If I buy this now, will I get a steam key as soon as it becomes available on greenlight/early access or will I have to wait for full release? Or do we know yet?

quote:

In case we manage to get on the Steam in the future you will also get a steam key.

I'd say yes.

I don't like how every game of this type has to have combat. I know you can turn it of but some of the later research apparently needs you to kill alien, so you can't just remove it completely. though I guess I could turn the enemy evolution off via the console to make it simpler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Elfface posted:

It has a 'peaceful mode' where the enemies still spawn, but never leave their camps to attack. Hunt them as needed.

Is that how it works? the way the tooltip is phrased it sounds like once you attack them they work as normal.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

LordSaturn posted:

They aggro when you attack them, but only the ones attached to that "complex". Go out in your jeep and find a singleton nest, ram it over and gun down the survivors. The nest is where the artifacts are, anyway.

Aah, that sounds quite nice actually, thanks. Now to build up an arsenal.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Pyromancer posted:

What are good uses for light and heavy oil before cracking tech is open? I found that I need a crapload of gas for batteries and plastics to get blue vials but no real use for the other oil fractions(fuel blocks? but I got plenty of coal for fuel).

Heavy oil is needed for lubricant but I think the only use for that is electric motors and since you can't make electric trains I've found no use for it in huge quantities. Solid fuel is actually pretty good since it's worth 3 times as much as coal in fuel value. Or you can just us the heavy and light oil instead of water in your steam engines.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Fingers crossed that's part of the "factory noises" we're getting in 0.10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw

I'm having a really hard time figuring out rail automation actually, I got one to move to a station once and then it stopped forever because it turns out that although locomotives can be manually run backwards, they won't do this automatically (and also the reverse gear sucks), so either your track route must form a loop, or you must have a second locomotive on the opposite end of the train
:qqsay:

Only the ends of the line has to loop not the whole track, and I can't get the two engine train to work for longer routes, maybe I need to try having two stops at the end to start the train in the right direction.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Ruzihm posted:

No I think he's saying like each end loops back on itself. So you have a U but at each end of the U there's a small circle.

Yeah, each end is a separate loop.

edit: like this

Hel fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 9, 2014

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

You can also open the console and type "game.speed = 10" if you want it over with quickly but without cheating. just remember to turn it back to 1 when you're done. Also great when you are waiting for some research to finish, or just stockpiling resources for expansion.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

It's interesting how much you need coal, I started a new map with 0.10 and only had access to about 700 coal, fortunately I had a few good oil fields so I rushed to research Oil processing. When I placed my first pump jack I had mined all the coal and had about 100 in a box, between then and getting Fuel handling I ran out of coal and had to chop down and burn trees for power because I wasn't producing enough solid fuel yet. I've only now started researching logistics 1 because I couldn't afford it before.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Can you shape the item burst via walls and stuff or does it just show up on the other side of buildings? Like if you a pipe out of walls does it burst out of the ends or just everywhere?
If you can shape it someone could probably make a zero latency transporter, or just a way to fill up a new conveyor quickly.

Hel fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jul 16, 2014

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I found some pictures on a multiplayer base my brother & I did a while back, so I joined them together to show the entire base. This is at the most zoomed out that still shows labels.

Each little dot is a roboport spaced so that each can just build the next one. The squares with holes are accumulators(8x48 per donut IIRC) and the doted lines are solar panels: The entire base is walled in and laser turret protected, we originally had every roboport square also be walled in but it became too much of a hassle.
Sadly I don't have pictures of after we filled it out, but it had a train test track running along the south shore of the big lake, a few oil barrelling and recycling stations & 3 times as many tank refuelling and rearming stations. Ultimately it was abandoned because it got to big for multiplayer to work.

Bonus: multitrack drifting, taken on the train test track.

http://i.imgur.com/joeQVhn.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Ratzap posted:

Nice work but where's all the concrete? ;)

Sadly this was before the invention of concrete, the pictures are dated February 2015. We have a current game where we are just setting up concrete production, so wait a few weeks and and you'll see.