Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

K8.0 posted:

It may be necessary to have your trains hide near a protector during lightning storms.

Stop please I can't get any more excited for the expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Nea posted:

'at least a year' frrom when they started doing dev diaries, which was 25 weeks ago.

So we're at least half way there!

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

They said you can still switch back to the old terrain generator so maybe there's some hope

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

K8.0 posted:

Today's FFF : wireless signal transmission and turbocrafting

The wireless signal network is really cool. The best thing here is probably being able to cut and paste bits of a circuit contraption without it breaking. Very useful for compacting things after design. The crafting thing, I mean it's not super impactful but it's kind of cool that they made it possible to get more than one craft per tick.

I can't stop watching the gif of the ridiculously fast foundry just blasting out stacks of gears

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

As someone who's spent a lot of time fiddling with grid alignment in blue-prints, holy crap!

Every update gets better, for me. I've been struggling to get into Factorio recently and I think a lot of that is just wishing I had all these 2.0 features!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Slashrat posted:

shouldn't be hard to mod in a reverse water pump that takes any fluid from the connected pipe and dumps it into a body of water (optionally cosmetically making the water looking increasingly polluted if you stuff other than water into it)

connect one of those reverse pumps to a pumpjack and fill the starter lake with thousands of gallons of crude oil