Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Carecat posted:

It's got mechanical appeal but it doesn't have the stylistic appeal to really take off. The mid 90s 2D look isn't a popular one. Bought it because it's a great idea well executed.

It's not bad but it's boring and cluttered. It'd be nice if they added some colors to it, it kinda looks lad a bad Starcraft mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
I'm in the drilling/rifenery mode as I got bored of optimizing the factory so now I'm optimizing a different type of factory...

anyway

What do Small Pumps do? The flow-rate of the pipes doesn't seem to be affected with mine, so is my setup simply too small for them to be of any use?

Also, I'm dying to see someones fully automated setup, like from coal/iron-ore/copper to the next step of bars to wheels and all other poo poo and at the end pumping out Research beakers things.

I think it'd be kind of impossible but maybe that's what some of the smart chests/inserters are for.

Here is an example of my simple assembly setup, it's 2 rows of 5 factories being fed by a boxes at one end. I have two of these so in total I have 20 factories that can be pumping out stuff.

I end up switching the factories production quite a lot but it's nice to be able to pump out couple thousand in simple precursors like iron wheels and green electric circuits relatively fast.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Sunblood posted:

Has anyone figured out how to create some sort of mass storage with resources delivered to factories on demand?

I think this has something to do with Smart Chests, Smart Inserters and Logistics Robots. But I'll be damned if I can figure out what to do with it all.

Can someone explain to me how Logistics robots work? I've built a Roboport and have 80+ robots sitting inside, and I've noticed I have the logistics tab in my build menu but aside from that I'm lost.