Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
Instead of bringing the materials to the center, send them to their respective sides. So plastic would go towards the left side of your screen shot and green circuits to the right.

Then build a 4 to 6 balancer vertically on each side.

Run the unloaded material into the vertical balancer and make a 90 degree turn towards your factories. Run the plastic left to right and the green circuits right to left, side loading each onto the blue belt.

Filthy Lucre fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
Normally I cover the planet with solar panel and accumulators for power, but while I'm waiting for a copper deposit to deplete so I can finish automating yellow science, I thought I would play with nuclear power.

What does everyone do for controlling the Kovarex Enrichment Process? This is what I came up with last night.

The output from the centrifuge goes into the output box, which is linked to the top yellow inserter. When U-235 >= 41, it picks up the U-235 going around the control loop.
When the yellow inserter picks up the U-235, the filter inserter on the bottom right removes one U-235 from the output box and sends it on it's way, leaving just the 40 needed to restart the process.
The bottom left filter inserter gets it's filter from the control box, so once the U-235 is added by the yellow inserter, it empties the output box and everything in it is recycled back into the centrifuge.
When the output box is empty, the top filter inserter removes the U-235 from the control box and puts it back on the loop, where it spins until the output box is filled again.

It really feels like there should be a better way of controlling this, with maybe some decider and arithmetic combinators.

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006

celestial teapot posted:

I don't know why this doesn't deadlock, but it doesn't no matter how long I run it, so I keep using it :shrug:

I would guess the blue inserters put things back into the centrifuge faster than the yellow inserters can take them out, so the only time U-235 makes it to the white inserter to leave the loop is if all the centrifuges are full. If that's the case, this is actually a pretty simple solution.

How well does it hold up after you've gotten the stack size upgrades researched?

Filthy Lucre
Feb 27, 2006
I use inserters (usually the red ones) to catch fish all the time. They're not single use, just slow.