Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

UberJumper posted:

Stuff them in a chest and forget about them.

If you stuff them in a chest and then destroy the chest the items will disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Zetsubou-san posted:

5dim decorations to top it off.
What exactly does this add? I was looking at it the other day but there's no information on what it actually includes that I can find.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

LonsomeSon posted:

I'm doing a Pocket Bots start + Toxic Jungle map, and the constantly-empty armor battery bar is getting on my nerves but I can't figure out the console name for the Personal Fusion reactor. Anyone know what string I should be using, or even better have a link to a roster of items' console names which I've been unable to find because I'm probably googling for the wrong terms?

I know this is a little late, but if you go to http://factorio.rotol.me/ and open the page for any given item it will give you the ID in the url, IE: factorio.rotol.me/i/item/fusion-reactor-equipment.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

zedprime posted:

Its little details like that which make it cool that you have every option to use outdated stuff for something useful, but it still doesn't excuse the lack of a trash can that isn't shooting your gun into chests because actually tooling your fuel consumers to eat wood or power poles before you dip into coal or solid fuel is kind of a silly investment of time.

There's a mod that does this, unsurprisingly. It's pretty useful for making sure random bits of ore and poo poo don't end up in storage.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

TheFluff posted:

If I add a new mod (rail tanker) I won't be able to use it in an existing save, will I?
e: or wait maybe I will? yeah, seems like it works.

Even mods that add new resources can generally be added just fine, you'll just only find the new resources if you go far enough from the part of the map you're playing on to generate new chunks (which you can move closer with the test-mode mod if you want, or just make new patches with it wherever). I think RSO has commands to regenerate the map in some capacity?

The only issue you're likely to run into adding mods that add new stuff you can make is that some of them add products which are unlocked by research you may have already completed, in which case there are console commands to either unlearn a specific research or reset research entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

GotLag posted:

As I understand it, it will appear in chunks you explore after adding the mod.

This is how map generation generally works, so I would assume so.