Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

The Story Thus Far posted:

I walked through the day as it was sun in slow motion like I was in slow motion and I shot people like a police, which I 4m. "Max Pane, what is you do her?" He asked the qeston like a quiz guy. The onw who askes questons. "I am here 2 say I am solv big case and be hero cop like I did 3 other times" I said this with ease, like I say words. "This is murdrer, sovle case Max"

I wont to sovle case, I knew it wuz gagns for pot pupose "AHH poo poo, IT'S THE MAX, SHOT HIM!" I divided through sky in slow motion suting bulls out of my guns with jump pwor like a Super Maria Brother with a jump-up. "ARRRR, WE ARE THE DEAD" say, but I killed them like the man of dead.

I retched the mob boss "I am the boss mob, " Then I will do the kill" I sad and jump through the air in the slowes motin, shooting gunz until he dad like the Jesus of the deaded. No "Sop, I not the boss, it is… POLICE CHEI BANG" He was shot like a man wo was poo poo by the POLIC CHIEF who Max chase throw the roof of the streets "Go away Max" He say to me like a vampire "There are no playses to run up, we are on the churck now, you will face JUSTICE! YOU WILL FACE… MAXIMUM PAYNE"!11

We begin the frost fit on Church. He punch me like a box, but I punch back like Rock-Sock-Robit. He did a flying punch-kick and I almoust fell of roof, but I not and yell "HADOOKEN" and fir3e a ball of fame at hom. Theen a hellocopter aper and shott me true roofs and I almost die but I at Painkil sand was aliv. POLICE CHEF wescaped, and then he escaped. I trow tracking device on the helopropter. Moab emans show up, but I jump through air in slew Moe and shut bulls out of Gun at them and they did. I was Supper Man high on Krypto aboot to jump throw a Sky.

I mump through the sky and shot pepper in slow motion. They died like dead corpses who are dead as they died and are dead. I killed them and I mustard live forever. I jump through the air like I am a jump.

I cam to deliver Maximum Payne to the evil POLICE CHEF. He was throw nife at me, but I jumped throw the aur and shot him with bullets untol somethng fall in head and dead happened, like the falling jar of the shelf. It were over, he had suffred MAXIMUM PAYNE and was the dead, like a dead perse. I wuz win, so I go home and make solf a lunch food that was nice eats, like a good part of food eating. I then went to sleep, like a sleep guy wo slep.

THE END

And that brings us to now, Max Payne is a disgruntled Ex-cop with a self prescribed addiction to booze and pills. Shoots everything in his way and is the direct cause of the murder of his wife and child. We start this game off stumbling (literally) into Sao Paolo, Brazil. Anyone up for Football?

Rules for this thread
1. Frolf means Frog Golf
2. No seriously Frolf means Frog Golf you rear end in a top hat

Clear? Okay let's get this poo poo started.

Pins fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
This post will be for various other things.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Episode 1

THIS IS HOW GUNS WORK WITH GUN NUT CONCORDAT

Part 1: The .38 caliber

Concordat posted:

The stuff I said in the about the .38 caliber was actually me conflating together some stories I had read about other pistol calibers, and not accurate.

Stop reading now if you don't care about gun nerd bullshit.

It is true the FBI found the caliber wanting, which is why they developed .38 Special +P, which to my knowledge is the same thing but with a more powerful powder charge, therefore higher speed and energy. Later they added even more power to the charge and creatively named it the .38 Special +P+. Law enforcement use only or something.

The other story was about the aftermath of a 1986 shootout in Florida between FBI agents and bank robbers. The FBI wanted a new semi-auto pistol caliber similar or better to the .38 Special +P. So the 10mm Auto was developed and adopted. Then almost immediately decommissioned and replaced with the .40 Smith & Wesson, a cut down version of the 10mm auto. The reasoning was that the recoil on the 10mm was too harsh, and that people with small hands found weapons chambered for it difficult to use.

PS: I make no promises as to if any of what I just wrote is correct.

Pins fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 15, 2014

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
frolf means frisbee-golf

And also your videos are private.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I want to watch this, I really do.

I just don't know if I can take losing it.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Munnin The Crab posted:

frolf means frisbee-golf

And also your videos are private.

The Steak Justice posted:

I want to watch this, I really do.

I just don't know if I can take losing it.

Wow I'm a loving moron. That's what I get for just letting poo poo upload before going to bed. Everything works now.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Pills and booze, max is a man after my own heart.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You're not going to delete this one at the end, are you?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Do NOT execute this LP, Pins.

I'm following it.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Level Slide posted:

You're not going to delete this one at the end, are you?

Skippy Granola posted:

Do NOT execute this LP, Pins.

I'm following it.

It was a very tragic accident and I promise to try to never do that again. R.I.P. Frolf.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Does this game involve more or less katanas than Frolf did?

The answer to this question is important.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Pins how does it feel knowing you will never escape Frolf.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ted_Haggard posted:

Pins how does it feel knowing you will never escape Frolf.

Yo, what's Frolf? Does it mean something?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Blind Sally posted:

Yo, what's Frolf? Does it mean something?

I used to know, but it's as if my memory has been deleted.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
F....

Frog....

Frog golf.

Frolf means frog golf.

Also it a crazy coincidence that you posted this yesterday and yesterday was my last radio show until my new job starts next month--I dedicated a song to you on-air before I signed off for the last time.

Also, good god, that recap story in the OP is just fantastic.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

F....

Frog....

Frog golf.

Frolf means frog golf.

Also it a crazy coincidence that you posted this yesterday and yesterday was my last radio show until my new job starts next month--I dedicated a song to you on-air before I signed off for the last time.

Also, good god, that recap story in the OP is just fantastic.

I loving love Placebo. You are amazing. And great, that means you have plenty of time to find yourself with us in horrible butt touching mumble land to do commentary sometime!

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Special Challenge: Max's only mode of non-scripted transport is slo-mo supermanning.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

ViggyNash posted:

Special Challenge: Max's only mode of non-scripted transport is slo-mo supermanning.

Don't you dare tempt me, this next level is a long one as is. This will be all your fault.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm glad this LP is in capable hands because if it were anyone else and not you guys, half the thread would be diatribe about the state of modern video games and the portrayal of violence in video games.

Also, required watching material for this thread.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Pins posted:

Don't you dare tempt me, this next level is a long one as is. This will be all your fault.

That's the plan.

:unsmigghh:

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

ViggyNash posted:

That's the plan.

I hate you for what you are about to do to me.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
So the same idea from the frolf thread is going to apply here. I started recording a poo poo ton of other games for material. If there is anything specific you want to see me play just PM me or message me on steam/twitter.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Pins posted:

So the same idea from the frolf thread is going to apply here. I started recording a poo poo ton of other games for material. If there is anything specific you want to see me play just PM me or message me on steam/twitter.

Also if I get a message about pins again I'm breaking your legs.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

ViggyNash posted:

That's the plan.

I swear if I show up just in time to record commentary for another hour+ bullshit video for a game I don't care about because of this

gently caress beyond two souls

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

EntranceJew posted:

Also if I get a message about pins again I'm breaking your legs.

Ejew tell Pins Frolf means Frog Golf

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Tyty posted:

I swear if I show up just in time to record commentary for another hour+ bullshit video for a game I don't care about because of this

Well maybe if you were in the mumble more often you would know what times we usually do videos and learn to avoid us better.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Tyty posted:

Maybe you should suggest an hour+ bullshit game you do care about! Or failing that just get real good at closing the curtains and pretending nobody's home

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

That was a really great video. Well crafted satire, that is. Frankly, I haven't seen any other animation capture the essence of Max Payne 3 as well as that one.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a killer. Some rent-a-clown with a gun who puts holes in other bad guys. Well that's what they had paid for, so in the end that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry gringo without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to execute this poor bastard like some dime store angel of death and I realized that Frolf means frog golf

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Pins posted:

So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a killer. Some rent-a-clown with a gun who puts holes in other bad guys. Well that's what they had paid for, so in the end that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry gringo without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to execute this poor bastard like some dime store angel of death and I realized that Frolf means frog golf

:golfclap:

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I've just recorded some videos with Pins now. This is truly the nadir of my letsplay career. Roughly, this is the best way to explain it:

edit: a video in which a grown man throws a baby

Ceciltron fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 3, 2014

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Ceciltron posted:

I've just recorded some videos with Pins now. This is truly the nadir of my letsplay career. Roughly, this is the best way to explain it:

*Removed Video*

Holy christ bro, not even remotely okay.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I'm really glad that I found this thread before Pins could delete it

Pins posted:

It was a very tragic accident and I promise to try to never do that again. R.I.P. Frolf.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers that learned the true meaning of Frolf

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The stuff I said in the about the .38 caliber was actually me conflating together some stories I had read about other pistol calibers, and not accurate.

Stop reading now if you don't care about gun nerd bullshit.

It is true the FBI found the caliber wanting, which is why they developed .38 Special +P, which to my knowledge is the same thing but with a more powerful powder charge, therefore higher speed and energy. Later they added even more power to the charge and creatively named it the .38 Special +P+. Law enforcement use only or something.

The other story was about the aftermath of a 1986 shootout in Florida between FBI agents and bank robbers. The FBI wanted a new semi-auto pistol caliber similar or better to the .38 Special +P. So the 10mm Auto was developed and adopted. Then almost immediately decommissioned and replaced with the .40 Smith & Wesson, a cut down version of the 10mm auto. The reasoning was that the recoil on the 10mm was too harsh, and that people with small hands found weapons chambered for it difficult to use.

PS: I make no promises as to if any of what I just wrote is correct.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 3, 2014

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Aw, you didn't do it for the whole episode.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

ViggyNash posted:

Aw, you didn't do it for the whole episode.

I have really bad memory and kept forgetting about it :smith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I know it's pretty far off from the first two games stylistically (and has some major gameplay changes), but the Max Payne theme on that violin just puts me at Crying level of nostalgia.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
This is a preview for what is gonna go down for the next update.

http://tindeck.com/listen/glhd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

Pins posted:

This is a preview for what is gonna go down for the next update.

http://tindeck.com/listen/glhd

So what you're trying to say is "EntranceJew, EntranceJew, EntranceJew..."

• Locked thread