Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Two things I want to mention after watching the third video:

1. They actually do have the same voice actor as before for Max Payne; they wanted to dump James McCaffrey for a new guy during development, but relented and brought him back in. He sounds a little different not only from age, but also because he has a chance to add some more emotion and better inflection to the dialogue instead of a constant monologue monotone.

2. You forgot to bring it up about the mercenaries, but they've actually got working body armor that lessens bullet damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Two things I want to mention after watching the third video:

1. They actually do have the same voice actor as before for Max Payne; they wanted to dump James McCaffrey for a new guy during development, but relented and brought him back in. He sounds a little different not only from age, but also because he has a chance to add some more emotion and better inflection to the dialogue instead of a constant monologue monotone.

2. You forgot to bring it up about the mercenaries, but they've actually got working body armor that lessens bullet damage.

The game is less tied to being utterly noir (though mostly, it is a pretty noir feeling game, despite being soaked in bright light and sun half the time) and is better for it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ViggyNash posted:

Special Challenge: Max's only mode of non-scripted transport is slo-mo supermanning.

I thought this was just the way you were supposed to play the game, by flinging your body through the air to where you need to go, occasionally smacking Max's head and shoulders into a wall.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ted_Haggard posted:

The game is less tied to being utterly noir (though mostly, it is a pretty noir feeling game, despite being soaked in bright light and sun half the time) and is better for it.

I know it's blasphemous, but I enjoy it more than the previous two in terms of gameplay. It has just enough realism (like the weapon system and body armor) to be challenging without losing the over the top, cinematic feel. And I like that they try to bring Max's characterization out of the "grimdark noir monotone" of the past games without really changing his personality.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

chitoryu12 posted:

I know it's blasphemous, but I enjoy it more than the previous two in terms of gameplay. It has just enough realism (like the weapon system and body armor) to be challenging without losing the over the top, cinematic feel. And I like that they try to bring Max's characterization out of the "grimdark noir monotone" of the past games without really changing his personality.

You pretty much nailed one of the main reasons i absolutely adore this game.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think I'll ever stop loving or playing Max Payne 3. As great as Remedy Entertainment is, Rockstar brought a lot of good to the series.

Plus, Euphoria may be at its best with the death animations in this game. It's just so goddamn fun to kill people, and I'm not sure if I'll regret typing that sentence in the future.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Max Pane 3 is definitely my favorite shoot-mans game from last generation. I'm an avid fan of the series and this game didn't disappoint at all. Terribly underrated.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

In this episode I try something a bit different so I can Get away with not using the original commentary track that wound up being too offensive for even my tastes get around the fact that I totally 100% legitimately lost the original commentary.

Edit: Just want apologize for some audio hiccups in there. All commentary was done first try.

Pins fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 6, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I don't know how, but I was holding a glass of fine wine and wearing a classy fur robe by the end of that video.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Pins posted:

In this episode I try something a bit different so I can Get away with not using the original commentary track that wound up being too offensive for even my tastes get around the fact that I totally 100% legitimately lost the original commentary.

It definitely couldn't be that first thing, because I'm not sure something could possibly be too offensive for you. :v: Also, I'd have to call for the original commentary out of morbid curiosity. (Except not really, because it must be horrid.)

This video is pretty classy, though. I feel like I should have worn a monocle while watching it.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
audible wink

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I asked pins about the lost commentary track since I was at work when commentary happened, apparently yeah its actually that bad. If Pins won't post it you probably don't want to hear it.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

This week on Maximum Payne: Pins sniffs all the glue

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Thank god you caught that. I thought it was the funniest part.

Edit: Anyone catch what happens at 9:10?

Pins fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 6, 2014

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I don't know how to feel about the fact you lost our audio.

Do you at least have episode 5?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Pins posted:

Thank god you caught that. I thought it was the funniest part.

Edit: Anyone catch what happens at 9:10?

I went back to listen, but I don't know what you're talking about.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

ViggyNash posted:

I went back to listen, but I don't know what you're talking about.

It what i say plus what happens in the video.

Basically it goes "i jump in slew moe" and just as i say jump max shootdives.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This inspired me to grab it for the PC (I already own and beat it on the 360 twice).

Oh, during the second level someone mentioned the balaclavas "suddenly" appearing on the guys. It's hard to see, but as soon as the signal is given the guy next to Marcelo tugs it down over his head just before the camera cuts. They're all wearing them like caps and then pull them down for the raid.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Here's a small preview for some upcoming things.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
UPDATE TIME

Secondary thread LP Call of Juarez Gunslinger will update simultaneously with Max Payne 3 after these first few updates. I'm sorry.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I need to hear more about this..."woman science"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Goddamit I'm on the verge of tears.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
I'm currently encoding 2 gunslinger videos and a Max Payne 3 update. Gonna post all of them tomorrow since I have such a huge backlog right now I just don't give a gently caress <3

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You're depriving me of my WOMAN SCIENCE

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Soon we will be back to MP3. In the meantime. Have 2 videos!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Foxtrot isn't a Greek letter, what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:psyduck: Pins, who is this crazy bastard and where did you find him?

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Yapping Eevee posted:

:psyduck: Pins, who is this crazy bastard and where did you find him?

Some crazy bastard I picked up off the street.* He's delusional.** I'm sorry.***

*He is actually a really good friend of mine from a long time ago.

**He is totally legit crazy

***I'm not sorry.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Pins, are you me?

I made a banner of Elton John with almost that same image for work yesterday (I'm a freelance orthodontist the editor of Oak Whittlin' Magazine an ornithologist's shoe-shiner a guy on a classic rock morning radio show) for our website.

:iiam:

edit: Heyyyyyyyyyy, boooyyyyyyyyy, I heart you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 15, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Pins posted:

Some crazy bastard I picked up off the street.* He's delusional.** I'm sorry.***

*He is actually a really good friend of mine from a long time ago.

**He is totally legit crazy

***I'm not sorry.

I formally request that he be your wingman for any LP you ever do.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Pins, are you me?

I made a banner of Elton John with almost that same image for work yesterday (I'm a freelance orthodontist the editor of Oak Whittlin' Magazine an ornithologist's shoe-shiner a guy on a classic rock morning radio show) for our website.

:iiam:

edit: Heyyyyyyyyyy, boooyyyyyyyyy, I heart you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much

I am basically everyone and no one at the same time. I am however, really happy that once again you got my obscure off hand comment :allears:

ViggyNash posted:

I formally request that he be your wingman for any LP you ever do.

Oh believe me, it will probably happen. He will never replace Ejew tho.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Pins posted:

He will never replace Ejew tho.

I've been trying to replace me for years.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

EntranceJew posted:

I've been trying to replace me for years.

EntranceJew is dead. Long live EntranceJew.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Ceciltron posted:

EntranceJew is dead. Long live EntranceJew.

:angel: He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Believe in Him, and be saved. Trust in the E-Jew, for He holds you in His Heart and in His Anus, and through one of these shall you be saved. :angel:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pins and EJew shall forever be my OTP.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I thought the same thing when I saw her legs--"that's gonna get infected, and she's gonna die."

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Did EJew make a BoatMurdered Dwarf Fortress LP joke?
I've got to say that I don't have much hate for the rail-shooter section, if only because the docks right before it were probably my least favorite section of the game, and anything moving away from that is an improvement. Given how hard this game was on hard going through the first time, it is kind of crazy to me that there are a full 2 difficulties past it.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
To get into the mood for commentary on this video I made sure to feel like poo poo and eat painkillers.

(I had some wisdom teeth pulled a few days prior)

Concordat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Red Minjo posted:

Did EJew make a BoatMurdered Dwarf Fortress LP joke?
I've got to say that I don't have much hate for the rail-shooter section, if only because the docks right before it were probably my least favorite section of the game, and anything moving away from that is an improvement. Given how hard this game was on hard going through the first time, it is kind of crazy to me that there are a full 2 difficulties past it.

Try it on the hardest difficulty like I did. I actually rage quit the docks and completed it the next day.

• Locked thread