Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

Did EJew make a BoatMurdered Dwarf Fortress LP joke?

I've been caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Did you? It must have flown right by my ears because I read that glorious thing just last week.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Mirrors are more fun than television."

Eyyyyyyy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope when Max Payne dies he donates his body to medical science.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
This is one of my favorite levels in the game. The firefights get pretty intense.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Oh poo poo i forgot about this thread. Ill post one of the finished updates when i get home from work today.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

chitoryu12 posted:

"Mirrors are more fun than television."

Eyyyyyyy

I've said that at least once in every video I've been in.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Concordat posted:

I've said that at least once in every video I've been in.

Somehow I've always missed it. I think it's because in that one, it was right after a joke about the TV and it was a low point in the cutscene where I could pay more attention to the commentary.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Hey guys i have a bit of a poo poo situation. Max Payne has officially killed my save two times over the course of this thread. Im gonna upload the video i have finished and we'll go from there. But i dunno if i can bring myself to do absolutely errythang again, again.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe if you still want to do the game just say gently caress the collectables and play through the rest of the story missions. and play every level without walking and only doing shootdive. The solution here is basically to throw yourself into things.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do it all on super easy mode while ignoring anything that isn't necessary.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, unless you plan on showing off the cheats at the end (which would require completing the game with all collectibles), you can simply blaze through everything on the easiest difficulty until you get back to where we are. It shouldn't take too much effort if you skip the cutscenes and collectibles. Then you can go back and finish collecting the stuff from the first half of the game if you want to unlock cheats.

Is it possible to download new save files for Max Payne 3? I know you can in GTA IV. If so, you could also Google around for saves that have completed the game up to the point where you ended.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Pins posted:

Hey guys i have a bit of a poo poo situation. Max Payne has officially killed my save two times over the course of this thread. Im gonna upload the video i have finished and we'll go from there. But i dunno if i can bring myself to do absolutely errythang again, again.

Why aren't you backing up your saves? :colbert:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Just play Ribbit King instead.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

IronSaber posted:

Why aren't you backing up your saves? :colbert:
You must be new to the Pins experience.

I personally think you should make a new thread and start all over again because we have high standards here at something awful let us play forum.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Hey this LP is back on.

Not doing 100 percent though because gently caress that.

Mico fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 17, 2014

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
Mico you mick gently caress cover up my email address; goddamn. What is this FYAD?

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

RotationSurgeon posted:

Mico you mick gently caress cover up my email address; goddamn. What is this FYAD?

loving lol owned nerd.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Mico posted:

Hey this LP is back on.

Not doing 100 percent though because gently caress that.

This is just loving amateur you didn't even replace it with a frolf or bottle of tequila

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Do you know how long it took photoshop to open I'm not redoing it.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
It's dangerous to go alone, take this:

I810BUX fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 17, 2014

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

7B coming tonight or tomorrow. Depends on how much free time I have. I got alot of real life poo poo (tm) to do over the next few days.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

IT HAS RETURNED

KIND OF

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I like how Max has become the most retarded shoot-man ever

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

He knows what he needs to do and that's jump and shoot. Jump and shoot. Occasionally shoot and jump. But mostly jump and shoot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like how when you're pulled up by the chain, you fire about 10 rounds from your 6 shot revolver.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

goatface posted:

I like how when you're pulled up by the chain, you fire about 10 rounds from your 6 shot revolver.

This will keep happening. Max's 6 shot revolver is capable of firing over a dozen rounds before needing a reload under the right circumstances.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Neruz posted:

This will keep happening. Max's 6 shot revolver is capable of firing over a dozen rounds before needing a reload under the right circumstances.

During the scripted slo-mo sequences, all of them (as far as I know) give you unlimited ammo to ensure that you have a chance to hit every enemy. Otherwise some of them would be downright impossible without a PT-92 or Uzi.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
We spoil things in this video watch the other one if you dont want spoilers.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What kind of things?

e: Oh, game kind of things

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 30, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
DRUGS.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Okay, I actually counted that guy with the tequila bottle on his shirt because you mentioned he shows up 3 times. He actually shows up 5 times, including appearing further off in the background.

I don't get why they keep reusing him so many times in that one short sequence, since they could have made him appear later on without drawing attention and they had plenty of models to throw in. I almost hope that showing a guy with an alcohol bottle on his shirt repeatedly and conspicuously right after Max gives up drinking is an intentional attempt by the developers to show how his mind is loving with him.....but I'm not sure if they're that creative.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I think they just like that dude. I sure do.

Also, spoiler for upcoming plot: Max inhales pills and shoots a whole lot of dudes

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
No wonder they are so poor they wasted all their money on guns.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
With mateo360 having to stop due to Youtube bullshit, I would totally be up for Goonhouse doing the HE games. :mmmhmm: Man, that would be such a mess.

I'm glad this is back. Looking forward to seeing how much life shits on Max during the rest of the game.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Yapping Eevee posted:

With mateo360 having to stop due to Youtube bullshit, I would totally be up for Goonhouse doing the HE games. :mmmhmm: Man, that would be such a mess.

I'm glad this is back. Looking forward to seeing how much life shits on Max during the rest of the game.

Unfortunately you may have to wait a week or two for the next video since I'm waiting for EVGA to approve my warranty and send me a replacement video card.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't get why they keep reusing him so many times

1) Hard Boiled reference
2) Max wants to get drunk

Cynda
Nov 6, 2014
Whoa....so I came here to watch some depressed junkie shoot some dudes, now I feel mentally scarred after reading through the replies.

So while I was enjoying the Max Payne Playthrough I'm confused as to if it is still going to continue or if it's been scraped/postponed, any clarity would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Countdown to Pins getting banned.

22 days.

• Locked thread