Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

happyhippy posted:

At least Greedo won't need much make up this time around.

Was he the guy in inside llewyn davis that just went "OUTER...SPACE!" during that song?
I bet that was his audition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwO-k-RqNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ashgromnies posted:

Max von Sydow, like the Swedish guy from Seventh Seal?? He has to be crazy old lmao

people love to bash Lucas for casting Christopher Lee in the prequels because he was too old to do any practical stunts, but it's totally cool for them to cast a super-old dude this time because

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Gobblecoque posted:

so what's the plot gonna be? Mark Hamill spends an hour looking for his medication so he can go throw his back out fighting some evil guy while Harrison Ford makes racist comments about the jawas and Carrie Fisher tries to fit into that metal bikini from Empire Strikes Back to everyone's disgust.

i dont get it why would this possibly be the plot

edit: o wait I get it its cause theyre all older now hahahaha thats a good joke man do you write for the jimmy fallon show or something

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

...of SCIENCE! posted:

people love to bash Lucas for casting Christopher Lee in the prequels because he was too old to do any practical stunts, but it's totally cool for them to cast a super-old dude this time because

i have never heard of htese people and honestly im glad ive never met them

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I wish Yoda was too old to have done stunts in the prequels.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
They should bring back George Lucas's ex-wife, wasn't she the one that kept him in line and made sure the first one didn't suck? JJ Abrams definitely needs adult supervision.

Give Guillermo del Toro Star Trek now

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Raku posted:

Give Guillermo del Toro Star Trek now

Yes

Cold Fusion
May 27, 2001

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Lost was a great idea for a show, Super 8 was a ton of fun, Star Trek was a really good reimagining of a show that needed it (star wars doesn't really so I hope he doesn't gently caress with it), you mad.

tbh i've only ever seen star trek. it was ok.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm sure this movie will get some "the light cannot survive without the dark" villain speech ala Batman and the nerds will be proclaiming it to be the most cerebral and bold scifi film of our gay times.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

exquisite tea posted:

I'm sure this movie will get some "the light cannot survive without the dark" villain speech ala Batman and the nerds will be proclaiming it to be the most cerebral and bold scifi film of our gay times.

Thanks for reminding me how loving horrible the last batman movie was.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Raku posted:

They should bring back George Lucas's ex-wife, wasn't she the one that kept him in line and made sure the first one didn't suck?

no

synftw
Jun 14, 2007
Chaos-Gnostic Satanist
After destroying the second death star Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia travel to distant LA County to do blow and drink themselves to sleep every night for 30 years.

I want that scrolling into the distance during the intro or none of the movie will make sense to me.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

flakeloaf posted:

new space monster is just lena dunham with no shirt on

just put her face over jabbas with the power of movie magic

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

i hope the bigfoot is in it still

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

im in this one cant wait ama

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

flakeloaf posted:

new space monster is just lena dunham with no shirt on

Hannah the Hutt

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

i have it on good word mark hamil and carrot fisher are getting ripped for this, big time

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's gonna be a hell of a thing seeing a movie where half of the actors and writers peaked 30 years

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

In Drywall posted:

i have it on good word mark hamil and carrot fisher are getting ripped for this, big time

I bet she could drop 40 lbs on blow alone.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Drywall posted:

i have it on good word mark hamil and carrot fisher are getting rippedbulk cases of ripple for this, big time

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

oh great can't wait for more movies about incest

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

when willl those crazy stars ever stop fighting???? hard to say. find out in the next film

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's gonna be a hell of a thing seeing a movie where half of the actors and writers peaked 30 years

"I thought you wanted me to film a movie with the Joker"
"No, we definitely said 'With a joker'"

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
got bored of star wars after i turned 11

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

Thrill Cosby posted:

Old and cool and will make a good bad guy

he will probably die soon though

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

pixelbaron posted:

this will happen

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

pixelbaron posted:

Leaked! New screen test images!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

got bored of star wars after i turned 11

Getting too much pussy like your hero han solo right buddy?

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I just want to know what kind of CG character Serkis is playing. Please don't be Jar Jar's grandson.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Manifest posted:

Attack the Block was cool as poo poo, so go John Boyega.

It was, and Boyega is the only reason I give a half a drat about this now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
haahaha carrie fisher isn't losing any weight for the new movies, awesome

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

girth brooks part 2 posted:

It was, and Boyega is the only reason I give a half a drat about this now.

I hope the black guy's the lead.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
wtf Billy Dee Williams isn't on the list?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
They are raping my childhood
:qqsay:

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

N. Senada posted:

I hope the black guy's the lead.

i hope he dies and people get pissy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Raku posted:

haahaha carrie fisher isn't losing any weight for the new movies, awesome

No cocaine, I see

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

blowfish posted:

They are raping my childhood
:qqsay:

you should use this one in the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbxaJqfAI6g

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!
If Max Von Sydow's in this, I want to see a straight-up remake of 'Strange Brew' with R2-D2 and C-3PO filling in for Bob and Doug McKenzie. Only it's in space. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME HOLLYWOOD

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If people bashed him for that reason that was dumb. It was great that Christopher Lee was cast, and then everyone saw the loving trainwreck the film was and saw how horribly misused he was. You have this gold actor on set, but you're just dumb loving George Lucas who sits and says "ok faster, more intense" so you totally gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

should have given star wars to david lynch and terry gilliam

• Locked thread