Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Game is surprisingly fun, though there are some odd mechanics choices that they hopefully iron out by the release date.

I do really like that random NPCs wander the cities and the world, and some of the NPCs are actually named folks that you can interact with, spar with, and get stuff from. It's pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, this captures that classic RPG feel of doing things to get stronger a lot better than some of the other recent games I've played. Feels great leveling skills and replacing gear.

700doa
Apr 8, 2023

〽️🐝
free kaykay
anyone playing this poo poo? or is there at least some active english speaking populace on the taiwan servs?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hello. How do you do.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
One part Wu, one part Shu

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Please the follow the lady to the guest room. Follow the laws of flying eagle stronghold.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

randombattle posted:

Please the follow the lady to the guest room. Follow the laws of flying eagle stronghold.

Just remembering the instances feels like recalling a fever dream. Going from a burning village to castles to underground fights to ???? why are there people spawning here.

I don't even really remember why we ran them except that randomly getting popups to mess with other people's instances was super fun.

Also a jail break at some point?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish more games had PvP encounters in their dungeons.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

I wish more games had PvP encounters in their dungeons.

Only thing close I've found is Destiny 2's Gambit mode, where 2 teams race to clear waves of enemies in two separate battlefields, and occasionally a portal opens up that lets someone invade the other team's battlefield and kill them to set back their progress.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Back on the Wandering Sword demo. All the wuxia poo poo is fun, shame that verything outside the start village is way stronger than you once you leave so you need to grind off sparring with villagers and poo poo

E: nvm I figured it out

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 4, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Been playing Wandering Sword and while it's not perfect it's exactly what I'd been looking for. Managed to barely beat the Wudang alchemist and learned the sect's epic cultivation method from him. Now I'm going to shake him down for all his pills and see if that gets me enough strength to beat the other Wudang leaders.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You are like child, let me give you will garbage jianghu

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1696440/The_Matchless_Kungfu/

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, I'm waiting for that one to leave early access. Been on my wishlist.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Been playing Wandering Sword and while it's not perfect it's exactly what I'd been looking for. Managed to barely beat the Wudang alchemist and learned the sect's epic cultivation method from him. Now I'm going to shake him down for all his pills and see if that gets me enough strength to beat the other Wudang leaders.

Turns out this was a major breakthrough and things started snowballing after I started looting pills, manuals and high level crafting recipes from all the leaders in the sects. I've been feeling major ludonarrative dissonance during story fights that were supposed to be impossible.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Turns out this was a major breakthrough and things started snowballing after I started looting pills, manuals and high level crafting recipes from all the leaders in the sects. I've been feeling major ludonarrative dissonance during story fights that were supposed to be impossible.

Yeah, you can definitely go bananas at a certain point.

And those 'unwinnable' fights give loot you cannot get anywhere else.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Which one of you is seth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I don't have enough of a racist fanbase to be