Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Just imagining starting over on all the internal grinding sounds like a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soren_
Apr 3, 2012

Almond Crunch posted:

so I moved to the taiwan server- there's a full english patch, and vip/silver are significantly cheaper

https://yiuzen.com/

does it have the same insane pay-to-win blackhole moves?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

randombattle posted:

Just imagining starting over on all the internal grinding sounds like a nightmare.

there's a few mature servers where catch-up is very quick, but there also some newer servers (i think the newest server is on 4th inner now. the one with the large anglophone playerbase is at 6th?)

also, i basically devoted all the time we played together as GOONs to just grinding other schools' internals for meridians, but with the demon-books and the guy in Suzhou, you can grind out meridians in a way more direct route (exchange books and burn excess cultivation > pop meridian). i guess this is how the price of jackdaw stays positive

also you can grind jianghu heroes for 20/10k pills (one per jianghu hero, so it can be as big as an extra TP per day if applied to first inner skills)

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 22, 2021

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Almond Crunch posted:

there's a few mature servers where catch-up is very quick, but there also some newer servers (i think the newest server is on 4th inner now? i might be very wrong here)

also, there are multiple single-player questlines that reward you with crazy stuff like jade and gold weapons and armor. I did this on the NA server and was able to bring up my character that I hadn't touched since fourth inner into relevance within one month of VIP

Soren_ posted:

does it have the same insane pay-to-win blackhole moves?

i mean i guess but with gold priced like this and demand for the sets relatively marginal (fewer players) , you can buy them too?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Remember the script injection in Age of Wushu's chat? New World has the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1v6vxENXbg

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

super sweet best pal posted:

Remember the script injection in Age of Wushu's chat? New World has the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1v6vxENXbg

What's funny is that Wushu's client seemed to be a lot safer; I think all we could do was just link images and websites and such. I don't think you could actually code like it shows here.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Almond Crunch posted:

also, i basically devoted all the time we played together as GOONs to just grinding other schools' internals for meridians, but with the demon-books and the guy in Suzhou, you can grind out meridians in a way more direct route (exchange books and burn excess cultivation > pop meridian). i guess this is how the price of jackdaw stays positive

also you can grind jianghu heroes for 20/10k pills (one per jianghu hero, so it can be as big as an extra TP per day if applied to first inner skills)

in true Wushu fashion, popping meridians through monthly ribbons/demon books is actually a bad idea; it looks like when they !!TOOK OUT VAGRANT and SELF-RECOLLECTION!! they conceded two new (jianghu) meridians that also scale with the amount and level of ALL the internal skills you've cultivated (the price of small training scrolls has been stable )

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

randombattle posted:

There's also Amazing Cultivation Simulator that's Wushu Rimworld.

is that game worth buying if I just want more Rimworld with a fresh coat of paint?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is pretty good.

It has workshop support but most of it is in chinese.

You will lose people via battle or ascension a lot and the different law types do offer some unique challenges.

Fire being the easiest element to progress, and then having god cultivators or body cultivators being even weirder.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like it even though I've never gotten very far into it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

blatman posted:

is that game worth buying if I just want more Rimworld with a fresh coat of paint?

Yeah totally, it's 100% Rimworld with a different setting.

I've been playing Tale of Immortal cause it got a big update that adds sect life. Bullet hell roguelike is also more up alley.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Myth of Empires is conan exiles but china. Bad translation? Bad UI? check.

It is fun though. PvP servers or pve servers.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Snail games owns Ark.

Angela games owns Myth of Empires.

Someone from Snail Games CN went to work at Angela Games and built a similar game.

Snail Games claims copy right violation and DCMAs Myth of Empires off of steam.

And now we got a court case where Angela Games is suing Snail Games.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/cacdce/2:2021cv09552/838788

Also gently caress snail games still.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
I guess just checking in to say its only taken me until now to get full c7 jade gear with the free benches they throw at you now?

Plz come back? 15 goons would be enough to permanently upset the current whale cabal? Wouldn't that be fun?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Almond Crunch posted:

I guess just checking in to say its only taken me until now to get full c7 jade gear with the free benches they throw at you now?

Plz come back? 15 goons would be enough to permanently upset the current whale cabal? Wouldn't that be fun?

Please follow the goon to the quit button.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Third World Reagan posted:

Snail games owns Ark.

Angela games owns Myth of Empires.

Someone from Snail Games CN went to work at Angela Games and built a similar game.

Snail Games claims copy right violation and DCMAs Myth of Empires off of steam.

And now we got a court case where Angela Games is suing Snail Games.

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/cacdce/2:2021cv09552/838788

Also gently caress snail games still.

can I ask where you heard about this? are you generally trawling legal dockets, or is this getting press on kotaku and ign?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I was playing myth of empires when this started, so that is how I learned about it. It got some press but not much.

I like to know how my government functions and learned to use several publicaly available sites. It has been nice to see people in the official discord also learn this and then figure out how the justice system works. Next court date is on the 31st of jan.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
been playing archeage with Feedz, getting nostalgic about this game on occasion but also realising I'd never go back to this terrible game.

had some good times though

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I was browsing Age of Wushu wiki for reasons and saw this and it's most Wushu thing:

quote:

A new button, My Home, has been added to the game. As a player gains access to his/her home, he/she can view home information, distribution of homes in the given area, and a list of friends who have permission to visit the home.

A home’s durability depends on the home style and level. If the durability reaches 0 a countdown of 30 days will start. If the durability remains 0 during these 30 days the house and everything in it will be lost permanently and the home location can be claimed by someone else. If the house was cleaned at least once the countdown will reset to 30 days.

The durability decreases as time goes by (for example a house can have a 2000 durability, which decreases by 4 points per hour) or if the house is vandalized: Player who do not have permission to enter someone’s home can pick a lock to enter that home. An uninvited guest can vandalize a home by spilling dirty water on the floor, lowering its durability.

To increase the durability the house must be cleaned by other players (you cannot clean it yourself) or by a cleaning NPC (cheapest one is 2 points/hour for 3 days for a price of 10L). A homeowner can grant a friend the permission to visit and clean his/her home. This permission can be revoked at any time.Once the permission is granted, the friend may visit the home and clean it to improve its durability.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

throw to first drat IT posted:

I was browsing Age of Wushu wiki for reasons and saw this and it's most Wushu thing:

What a pain in the rear end lol.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
Guide me, oh Chinagamers. Which do I jump into next?

-Sword of Legends Online (after next week's F2P transition/expansion)
-Age of Wushu (Taiwan server)
-Eating Chinese food in the bathtub (alone)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bathtub.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Teketeketeketeke posted:

What a pain in the rear end lol.

The vandalism sounds hilarious and goon house destruction parties would have been amazing if it was in the game back in the day. But at heart it's a predatory money sink that demonstrates what went wrong with the game.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Gona have to vote for the tub here

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I vaguely recall something about a hidden quest with a map in a horse's rear end.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes. The game files had 4 lines about a map in a horses rear end in tangman town.

I managed to get the random event for 1 part of the map but needed 3 more.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Third World Reagan posted:

Yes. The game files had 4 lines about a map in a horses rear end in tangman town.

I managed to get the random event for 1 part of the map but needed 3 more.

I remember sitting in a desert for like an hour with you waiting to see if some random event happened. I miss mmos having crazy hidden stuff.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It was the best part - like WoW before wowhead existed and spoiled every quest step and location. People jealously guarded their knowledge about REs. God knows how I long I spent in Evil Men's Valley using an autoclicker to buy cheap daggers 1 at a time from the liang shop horse whistle merchant to curry favor with NPCs who enjoy market behaviour actions.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

angerbeet posted:

It was the best part - like WoW before wowhead existed and spoiled every quest step and location.
Gamers were truly the worst thing to happen to video games.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hey weiqi fans, there's a demo of a new go game in Steam's upcoming game showcase.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1862520/Just_Go/

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i miss wuxia movie night and was thinkin about introducing my friends to some, we used to have a fuckin amazing playlist back in the day. does anyone have it still?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I did like this game when it first came out, but one thing. I hated how all events were on set to a time of day and I had an odd shift. Made it hard to have fun with peeps.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

My friend was waxing nostalga about this game and dragged me and a couple buddies along. I am currently suffering.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

My friend was waxing nostalga about this game and dragged me and a couple buddies along. I am currently suffering.

What is even left of the game at this point? 5 whales and 1000 kidnapping bots?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

ponzicar posted:

What is even left of the game at this point? 5 whales and 1000 kidnapping bots?

I'm still learning the ropes and joined a school that my friend said wasn't around when he played; Tianshan sect.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Nauty Animal

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres a new RPG coming out for PC called Wandering Sword thats basically AoW in jRPG form using a graphics engine similar to octopath. Cultivate your chi, open your meridians, raise affinity to recruit NPCs in the world, teach them how to use a stick to beat up dogs. Its going to be fun seeing how impenetrable the game can get.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1876890/Wandering_Sword/

Demo is up if anyone wants to try it out

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
But can you gank another guy by spitting booze on him until he throws up?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Theres a new RPG coming out for PC called Wandering Sword thats basically AoW in jRPG form using a graphics engine similar to octopath. Cultivate your chi, open your meridians, raise affinity to recruit NPCs in the world, teach them how to use a stick to beat up dogs. Its going to be fun seeing how impenetrable the game can get.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1876890/Wandering_Sword/

Demo is up if anyone wants to try it out
The demo's remaining up until the 28th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zodack posted:

But can you gank another guy by spitting booze on him until he throws up?

Not in the demo yet but apparently the skill system is so in depth that I wouldnt be surprised if there are techs like that later.