Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
We were having too much fun and well, Dispite me being a newbie who just got back into the game after doing a walkaround to kill PE I found this in my social box

I'm proud if I can get rubiora that pissed at a dude who JUST hit enlightened virtuoso without meridians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
There is another "community stream" today featuring the new factions coming in the new update. Me and PrettyBird will be on it, with Earthquake of course. Stream starts 3 hours from now (18:00 server time, 1 hour before script stealing). It started 15 minutes late last Friday.

Any questions you guys have I will try to ask

iSovereign fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 2, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Forer posted:

We were having too much fun and well, Dispite me being a newbie who just got back into the game after doing a walkaround to kill PE I found this in my social box

I'm proud if I can get rubiora that pissed at a dude who JUST hit enlightened virtuoso without meridians

If he jumps you, let us know in guild. He really, really gets pissed when people gang up on him to boot!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Mention the accounts that have been hacked on the steam forums and you get this.

Doing God's work I see :getin:

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
This game was pretty fun.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Haquer posted:

If he jumps you, let us know in guild. He really, really gets pissed when people gang up on him to boot!

Oh I'm 100% sure, I know rubiora is like kingcee in that they both loving detest me, and they can kill me, but if I say "kingcee just killed me" I get 50 people who go "WHERE?!"

Goontang clan best clan

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
With Rubi just tell him that Pibbleton is willing to trade another lovely t3 gold coat for an absolute armload of Rubi's beggar jade again.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Bauxite posted:

Being a bandit group and killing honeybeez after 8 of us died was hilarious. Getting ganked in chengdu after leading them on a merry rooftop chase across half the city because only a few of them knew how to air dash infinitely as well as I could was hilarious. Fight club getting crashed and turning into gangs of new york was hilarious. Playing on jokers squad to grithok's batman squad in royal guards was hilarious. Dying was the funniest part of all of those experiences.

If I cut those experiences out, I'm left with broken instances, unintelligible quests, and extremely boring pve fights against NPCs that don't really use the combat system effectively. Those parts of the game are the parts that suck. The best part about the death penalty is that dying and being poor just means you're fully committing to the roleplay of being a poor wandering kung fu master that gets in fights and drinks a lot :v:
Hell yes Joker Squad and Demon Born In Emptiness. Kick people off a giant loving wall forever

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Jackard posted:

Hell yes Joker Squad and Demon Born In Emptiness. Kick people off a giant loving wall forever

And one of us got stuck in the geometry at the top of one of the towers, took us all a really long time to find a spot we could pull them out of with demon chain or kick them out with leisure kick. And we'd sing the old nananananananana batman theme song the whole time.

Memories :unsmith:

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

The Moving Flowers maid system is just NPCs you can summon, the highest level one provides some kind of buff. GM Earthquake can't read Chinese.

Factions get their own special buff consumables.

Also their own non-set skills. Moving Flowers gets one that removes debuffs and AOE concusses on an 1800s cooldown.

Riding sharks requires DDR, also it's quest-only.

Plum Blossom can get you the same meridian pills that you get through a school, plus one that pops your 149.

Plum Blossom masks have really small damage buffs to single pills, one that prevents infamy, and three that multiply good/evil/confidence points you gain by 5 for an hour.

First Plum Blossom non-set skill does damage to one target, knocks them back, and has a chance to deplete their rage, 1800s cooldown.

Their second one:

Hole Wolf fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 3, 2014

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
This community manager streaming is horrible.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Shark riding is a DDR minigame.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Shalhavet posted:

Shark riding is a DDR minigame.

This was the greatest disappointment of the entire stream :smith:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haquer posted:

This was the greatest disappointment of the entire stream :smith:

I wasn't expecting much but man it still disappointed.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Looks like the login server for Blue Dragon (maybe others) is currently down. Had to relog due to my client eating 80%+ of my GPU while doing nothing and now I can't get back in :china:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oh good, I was just going to ask if anyone else was having trouble logging in. I missed logging in yesterday due to 97+ degree weather chasing me out of the house, so I'm behind on my internal cultivating!

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Haquer posted:

Looks like the login server for Blue Dragon (maybe others) is currently down. Had to relog due to my client eating 80%+ of my GPU while doing nothing and now I can't get back in :china:

Yeah we tried to warn you but you closed immediately. It's been down for a few hours and they've been spamming announcements. Don't buy gold right now by the way.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

But, but, if no new players can log in, how will I sell my cavalry lances? :saddowns:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FebrezeNinja posted:

Yeah we tried to warn you but you closed immediately. It's been down for a few hours and they've been spamming announcements. Don't buy gold right now by the way.

It was either that or have it push my GPU hilariously high for no reason so honestly this is the better version. Although I wouldn't have minded setting up a market stall :(

E: This isn't the first time this has happened to me and I have no idea why it does. It happens once a month or so :iiam:

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I know there aren't any goons on the EU servers, will I be able to play on them without having Gentle Goon Guidance or is everyone there poo poo? I don't want to get up at night to participate in events like I did on US.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

So, I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but over in Chinaland, they're planning on a 'mega-expansion' in August.

quote:

Last week, Age of Wushu held its annual PvP tournament in China, the home base of developer Snail Game. The development team spoke to several local media outlets after announcing a mega-expansion reaching the China server on 8th August later this year. Here are some of the details below.

- The new areas/ maps are 8 times the size of the current map size in Age of Wushu (China server).

- There will be no main quests, and players are free to pick and choose quests from the new regions.

- There will be new individual quests for each player, each with different options and multiple endings. Players’ decisions will be important on which NPCs they will meet and how the quests will progress.

- 6 new Emerging Forces (or clans) have been confirmed, although they will not be added at the same time due to the massive file size. The game will be expanding beyond the Central Plains, and will see forces from Tibet, Mongolia, and the Orient. For the overseas servers, there are even plans to add in Western or Southeast Asia forces.

:getin:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haha holy poo poo way to rip off Prince of Persia

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Haha holy poo poo way to rip off Prince of Persia

...does this mean Gecko On The Wall will be useful?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

and the Orient.
:confused:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The Orient originally labeled everything east of the roman empire. This includes the middle east, Korea, India, China, etc etc. I can't wait to see how racist the portrayal of other countries is.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
For context, the Central Plains (zhongyuan) is basically the area near the eastern coast bordered north and south by the two rivers in that map. If this were even half-way not lowest-common denominator then it'd be a chance to add in "regional" flavor (in the sense of how much current Chinese territory is outside of the Central Plains), but of course I'm not holding my breath.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Shuffling translations, dongfang is either "the east" or "the East" so let's guess Korea/Japan.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

If it ends up being Korean/Japan this will be the best most racist update probably.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I'm simultaneously excited about and dreading their views on Taiwan and Tibet.

whenimmashoo
Jun 12, 2013

I can't wait to play as a portuguese sailor.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Judging from the Koreans and Japanese in the game already (Jiming/Quandeng) it should be pretty hilarious.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ratoslov posted:

I'm simultaneously excited about and dreading their views on Taiwan and Tibet.

If they do this, the Tibet school instance needs to be getting the Ajanti Dagger and using it to kill Charles Dance.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Never played this game, although I kinda considered it before. Downloading now, but what should I be expecting going in? Also, if I like to run in and beat people up, the beggar/drunkard class is a good one for that, right?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mederlock posted:

Never played this game, although I kinda considered it before. Downloading now, but what should I be expecting going in? Also, if I like to run in and beat people up, the beggar/drunkard class is a good one for that, right?

Any class is good for that. Pick whichever sounds best to you.

E: Except Shaolin, friends don't let friends choose Shaolin.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Pick Shaolin, clearly. In like a year you'll literally be a god, from what I hear! You'll just hate every moment leading up to that year!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sounds like a rad expansion and I look forward to wushu getting it in like a year.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

Sounds like a rad expansion and I look forward to wushu getting it in like a year.

Going by current rates, more like 8 months. Still a long loving time though.

Honestly, what hosed over the servers the most was them starting up the new servers alongside Blue Dragon when the game launched with those servers being 1st inner only and slowly progressing through unlock quests so we were stuck with the same expansion of the game for something like 5 months instead of the apparently more typical 2-3.

I wish they'd merge all the drat servers already.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What if instead of merging servers they made more! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013

Haquer posted:

Going by current rates, more like 8 months. Still a long loving time though.

Honestly, what hosed over the servers the most was them starting up the new servers alongside Blue Dragon when the game launched with those servers being 1st inner only and slowly progressing through unlock quests so we were stuck with the same expansion of the game for something like 5 months instead of the apparently more typical 2-3.

I wish they'd merge all the drat servers already.

Honestly the idea of starts new servers isn't a bad one in some respects - if they are started with the intention to eventually merge them. Wushu is obviously one of the most hostile games to try and play as a newbie, even when I started (most players were ~Max Level). Now everyone is Shock The World+. If you had the choice of picking between a server that every player could dodge everything you throw at them for no apparent reason, or a server in which you're on equal footing, you would choose the newer one.

And this can work too. 4-6 months after new server starts, the majority of the population is Infallible, you merge it with another server. Constant fresh population without the extremely unbalanced early game.

Instead the massive number of VIP alts have lead Snail to believe Blue Dragon has a perfect level of server activity, and they think all new servers will be equally as active, forever, for some reason.